Cadets vs. Crown

Frankly, I think the idea that the fans know better than the instructional/design staffs who are in critique with and receiving detailed commentary from the judges is pretty funny. I'm sure such emails have been sent, but lets not kid ourselves. As a designer and instructor I've had parents/volunteers make suggestions from time to time, and I always try to be as gracious as possible, but for the most part, I'm not taking much of it very seriously (of course from time to time there's a good idea). I don't give the chef at a restaurant suggestions on how he could make his dishes better, whether I liked what I had or not.

I would tend to agree. This is like the drum corps analog to a parent telling his kid's baseball coach that his kid should be pitching and batting cleanup.

There's ego involved. And it's inflated as they just won.

Really? Do you know Crown's staff personally? Do you know for a fact that everyone on that staff is so egotistical that they haven't suggested changes to the show? In my experience, working with design staffs in a variety of activities, there's always a constant dialogue of what might need to change. Everything is under scrutiny all the time.

Even if I didn't dismiss that sentiment as total conjecture, if their egos are really running out of control, do you really think an email from a fan is going to change their minds?

• Like 1

These are people. There's always ego

By that reasoning, nobody who has ever been successful at anything they do is truly an expert in their field because ego paralyzes their decision making process.

These guys are at the top of their game. They didn't get there by accident. If you think they haven't considered the trampolines pretty carefully, you don't understand how the design process works.

Crown- A bunch of cool ideas that don't work well together yet.

Cadets- Need more Wow/ drum corps moments in their show.

Watch Out! That Bloooo makes me Aaaahhhh and Oooohhhhh!

• Like 2

There's always going to be ego involved but that is the case with every corps.

I honestly and truly think the Cadets are gonna take silver and push Crown to Bronze or out of medalling if the Bluecoats can medal this year (which would make me oh so happy)

IMO, Crown has a lot in their show. TOO MUCH in their show. They need to cut and clean the great parts. I saw their show this year and its just TOO MUCH. It's great and the hornline is orgasmic as usual but it's just far too much :/

• Like 1

There's ego involved. And it's inflated as they just won.

Ego or not... they are going to listen to the judges and do what they think is best... for everyone who hates the trampolines there are probably others that talk about how they like them. Still, if they did not believe they were working, they would not keep the trampolines just because fans liked them... same goes the other way around.