Wayne, NJ Predictions Thread

Well, the big question seems to be whether corps score higher doing more or fewer shows. The following assumes the former, taking into account how much each corps who has had two or more competitions this year has improved from show to show, penalizing scores a little for each week they haven't competed before Wayne, and also rewarding or penalizing a corps with only one show for the ratio of their first score of the season relative to all other scores that week, on the quite justifiable grounds that corps who start higher also improve faster. (Sunrisers' score, since they haven't competed yet, is based on their final score from last year.) For example: over the first three shows (two weeks), Cabs improved by 5.30 points, so they ought to improve another 5.30 points by Wayne, but they took a week off, so that's reduced to 4.50.

In other words, total guesses masquerading as math, but it was fun to play with the numbers.

1. 85.80 -- Caballeros

2. 84.25 -- Fusion Core

3. 81.80 -- Buccaneers

4. 79.75 -- Cadets2

5. 76.35 -- Bushwackers

6. 75.00 -- Atlanta CV

7. 74.35 -- Hurricanes

8. 71.10 -- Windsor Regiment

9. 70.70 -- Sunrisers

I agree that things will be a bit tighter than normal this year, but not as much as some Cabs fans want it to be. As for Buccaneers not being in as many shows, it looks like the only show they did last year that they aren't doing this year was Bridgeport. I'm willing to bet that it was a financial decision more than anything else.

Buccaneers - 83.4

Caballeros - 82.2

Fusion Core - 81.9

Cadets2 - 79.9

Bushwackers - 78.0
Atlanta CV - 77.6
Hurricanes - 74.6

Sunrisers 74.5
Windsor Regiment 74.0

I have no prediction of scores or placement..... (my one prediction comes at the end of this post). What I DO predict is that every corps will derive tremendous benefit from this contest.

The top corps, sans MBI, will be on the field to set the pecking order for the early summer, making future scores more meaningful for comparisons....

The top corps, sans MBI, will be on the field driving each other to a TOP performance..... the cost of being flat will never be higher.

Corps like from Cabs, Bucs, Fusion will give first and second appearance corps like Sun the need to hit the ground running.

Corps like Atlanta CV will be big winners by getting an early season mixing and reading with the corps they face at finals. When CV goes back to their local schedule, every corps they see will be able to "slot" (ouch) themselves roughly against the Grand Prix Corps....... other threads talk of how to spread drum corps through the country..... CV becomes the measuring stick of the south.....

Most of all, 2,020 drum corps fans will see the show of the year. (Do I get credit for predicting that the attendance will be EXACTLY 2,020 ?)

Joe Dz

Yep Joe, you are right that is the magic number!!!

while I'm sure Bucs would have loved to have done Bridgeport, it wasn't in the cards. I'm sure Bucs lighter schedule this year is a one off, and as for dong few shows and scoring well, it hasn't hurt MBI any the last few years

Looks like Wayne is gonna be a sizzla! Kind of a preview to Preview of Champs in Scranton, if you will.

I see some tightness happening in a few slots at this one.

Buccs 83.1

Cabs 82.6

Fusion 82.5

Cadets2 - 78.9

CV 78.8

Bush 78.2

Sun 74.0

Hurrcs 73.5

Windsor 73.0

• Like 1

Bucs 84.00

Fusion 82.50

Cabs 82.45

Bush 78.50

Cadets2 78.35

CV 77.70

Hurcs 74.69

SUNRISERS 73.0 (Ooops!)

Windsor 70.85

Wish I could be there. Should be the most exciting Grand Prix in a while.

Edited by DCC

I predict stops at the Six Brothers Diner before the show, and the Edison Diner after the show. :tongue:

• Like 1

>>

Bucs 84.00

Fusion 82.50

Cabs 82.45

Bush 78.50

Cadets2 78.35

CV 77.70

Hurcs 74.69

Windsor 70.85

Wish I could be there. Should be the most exciting Grand Prix in a while. <<

... and Sun? ... any thoughts on where they'll place? ... terrific lineup ... to bad Sky couldn't have been fit in as well ... that would have made three charter DCA members and two others that joined in 66 ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

I wish I could give a prediction in this race, but I am IN the race, so I won't! :tounge2:

BUT.....

Don't count out our friends to the south. Don't forget, they beat Fusion last year at DCA Championships.

And if you think THEY are laying down at all, well, you'll be in for a surprise with how THEY stepped up their game!

If you haven't seen their winter camp videos, I suggest you find them and watch.

What I am worried about is how their show will be compared to ours! (It is almost the same show theme!)

• Like 2