First regional this week! DCI La Crosse.

On my way to see my cadets and blue stars! First (and unfortunately last) live show this year! May all corps do as well as they can today!

• Like 3

Dont know if its posted but with a couple corps heading there today/tonight thought it should be posted. I feel bad for Spirit if Onalaska is the same as it was last year. almost foot high thick grass on the football field.

DCI La Crosse Housing

(All corps set their own policies for public access to rehearsals)

Carolina Crown (2 days) - Caledonia, MN High School

Blue Stars (4 days) - UW-L and Aquinas High School

Bluecoats - La Crosse Logan High School

Boston Crusaders - Byron, MN High School

Cavaliers - Holmen High School

Phantom Regiment (2 days) - Viroqua High School

Spirit of Atlanta (2 days) - Onalaska High School

Colts - Gale Ettrick Trempeleau High School (GET), Galesville,WI

Blue Saints - Spring Grove, MN High School

Racine Scouts - La Crescent, MN High School

The Cadets - Rochester Technical College,.Rochester, MN

Jersey Surf - Rochester, MN Lourdes High School

Govenaires - St. Charles, MN High School

Legends - Holmen Middle School

Music City - Mauston High School, Mauston, WI

Word from Spirit's housing site is the practice field is in real nice condition.

Edit: Or, really don't know. Mixup in texts from the wife--1 text thread and 3 different topics. Sigh!

Edited by CrownBariDad

From GH via Facebook.

Well ..

it’s raining at out housing site in Rochester; we have been out side in the rain rehearsing for a few hours but the heavier stuff looks to be heading to La Crosse.

Here is a note from Dan Acheson …

Greetings and Welcome to La Crosse:

I have just completed our first round of assessing the weather for this evening and I am guessing you have already come to the same conclusion. It is going to be a long night. I have Tom Kosin, experienced meteorologist, watching as well of the rest of us phone radar watchers. We’ll check in at around 3:00 PM Central to see where things stand. The NOAA forecast quite simply is not good. Because it is an important Saturday night event we will do everything we can to make something happen which means extending delays if it makes sense to do so….

Let me thank you in advance for working with the Blue Stars and DCI on getting something before the fans if at all possible and safely.

Thanks!

Dan

======================================================================

My guess … the show will get started late and the Cadets will appear about 11 pm ??

That’s just a guess.

Our rehearsals are over at 4 pm today and we leave here at 6 pm. My thinking is we will know something more about a delay etc … before we leave this lot. The rain really does not look o be forever.=; its just a long show and we need to get all on the field

To conclude ….

There is rain coming . It will end … I think the show is going to happen!!

From Hopkins

1:00 pm Central Time … From Rochester, MN.

I think they should just invite some of the corps to Dekalb to perform tomorrow night if it gets rained out.. Send SCV to Dekalb =)

I notice there are two bands of rain making a V shape with the point to the east, the approximate direction they're moving, and La Crosse at the moment is at that point. If that clear space between the bands holds, they may not need to wait for the whole thing to move across, which since the bands extend west all the way across Minnesota and Iowa, respectively, does indeed look likely to need more than the three hours until Blue Saints are set to start in order to clear. (Unfortunately the V does look to be closing.) Behind that system it looks very nice.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Latest Accu-weather forecast for La Crosse...

3 PM -- 8 PM Partly Cloudy

8 PM -- 9 PM Partly Sunny

9 PM -- Onward Partly Cloudy

Hmmm...if it's only "partly" cloudy, doesn't that kind of infer that there would be some sun???? Ahhh...I hate weather forecasts!!!

Latest Accu-weather forecast for La Crosse...

3 PM -- 8 PM Partly Cloudy

8 PM -- 9 PM Partly Sunny

9 PM -- Onward Partly Cloudy

Hmmm...if it's only "partly" cloudy, doesn't that kind of infer that there would be some sun???? Ahhh...I hate weather forecasts!!!

the radar doesn't lie :-\

HAxes4R.png

I remember three years ago in Minneapolis when we were shoved in the bathrooms for the tornado warning.. now that was fun.. NOT.. LOL =P

Edited by Highwaydude