Number of Postings Here

DCP rule #1: Pound new posters into submission.

:mellow:

DCP rule #2: Treat all posters as new and obey DCP rule #1.

• Like 3

DCP rule #3- Concede my opinion is right all of the time and enjoy the sight:)

I do think many of us older dudes are actually passive. In my youth I thought this site was a nightly pizzing contest but I came to realize that agree or disagree there are many wonderful and neat people here. Even for a BK homer like me. I think the lack of posts has to be because of the ever popular twitter and Facebook that we all love. Younger people are able to have their opinions read through social media and not feel attacked or afraid to do it. Just my opinion

Sounds like 3 confessions to me....

of rules 1, 2 and 3.

Or is this the big welcome back to the ruff and tumble world of DCP I had been waiting on for far too long?

This is just my perception, but I have noticed a few instances when someone relatively new to the forum has introduced a topic or asked a question that some veterans feel has been asked and answered to leave and not return because of being made to feel less than welcomed. It may be seem like yet another attempt to introduce a topic that we feel has been beaten to death, but it might be someone coming back to Drum Corps or someone new to add to our discussions.

Bravo on your excellent answer. I agree. It can be exhausting, but we almost have to assume that certain topics will appear, and reappear, and appear some more, especially every spring/summer when traffic heats up. We have to be willing to answer questions for newcomers, or nicely point them in the right direction (perhaps to the Q&A section).

No matter how we feel about certain things, we must never assume that the majority feel as we do. Drum corps is open to everyone. We need to support that or we will lose it. We also need to support new members here on DCP or we will lose them.

• Like 1

I do think many of us older dudes are actually passive. In my youth I thought this site was a nightly pizzing contest but I came to realize that agree or disagree there are many wonderful and neat people here. Even for a BK homer like me. I think the lack of posts has to be because of the ever popular twitter and Facebook that we all love. Younger people are able to have their opinions read through social media and not feel attacked or afraid to do it. Just my opinion

Probably.... but I wanted to get that into a discussion here before another another brutal hazing ritual happens.

"Brutal Hazing Ritual" sounds like a BD show concept.... or Phantom Regiment with a higher body count.

• Like 2

Bravo on your excellent answer. I agree. It can be exhausting, but we almost have to assume that certain topics will appear, and reappear, and appear some more, especially every spring/summer when traffic heats up. We have to be willing to answer questions for newcomers, or nicely point them in the right direction (perhaps to the Q&A section).

No matter how we feel about certain things, we must never assume that the majority feel as we do. Drum corps is open to everyone. We need to support that or we will lose it. We also need to support new members here on DCP or we will lose them.

You're not asking me to be... cordial... are you? That would be a bit much to expect... :wow:

DCP rule #1: Pound new posters into submission.

:mellow:

Rule #1: DCP veteran posters are always right.

Rule #2: If DCP veteran posters are wrong please refer to rule #1.

This is just my perception, but I have noticed a few instances when someone relatively new to the forum has introduced a topic or asked a question that some veterans feel has been asked and answered to leave and not return because of being made to feel less than welcomed. It may be seem like yet another attempt to introduce a topic that we feel has been beaten to death, but it might be someone coming back to Drum Corps or someone new to add to our discussions.

Dang this afternoon BigW and I were nice to someone asking about 2v Baris..... Missed my chance to be a DCP jerk....

Rule #4: If something posted can be taken in more than one way, assume the worst and flame away. If the original poter tries to talk out the misunderstanding, accuse them of backsliding and keep on flamin'.

Rule #5 : You can ALWAYS know what a person thinks just by their age..... :silly:

Edited by JimF-LowBari