TOC - Warrensburg MO

Again, you've proven the point. You are all like old men who never want to give up their high school football glory. I think it's you all who can't make a fair comparison because you can't get the 30 year old cob webs out of your mind. I swear you guys are like the Amish of drum corps. At least I have the ability to look back at the years I marched and era I grew up and realize it pales in comparison to today's activity.

There is no way on God's green Earth that a horn line from 1986 matches with a modern corps therefore comparing the horn lines is easy. Obviously a modern book is harder and better performed therefore it's no competition. I'd put anyone in the top 12 against 1986 Suncoast as better.

Try not to paint everyone with the same brush...

I saw my first show in 1964 as an 11-year-old who belonged to a small corps in NJ...marched the Cadets from 70-72.

Personally, among my all-time favorite shows ever are 2004 Crown, 2011 Cadets, 2012 BK. 2013 Crown might be the very best corps I have ever seen.

• Like 4

Again, you've proven the point. You are all like old men who never want to give up their high school football glory. I think it's you all who can't make a fair comparison because you can't get the 30 year old cob webs out of your mind. I swear you guys are like the Amish of drum corps. At least I have the ability to look back at the years I marched and era I grew up and realize it pales in comparison to today's activity.

I feel that the quality has never been higher - but there are/were things from back in the day which were also stunningly great

one of the qualities maturity imparts is the ability to respect others

and recognize that each era has it's qualities and all of them are to be cherished and respected

and let's face it - this year's corps don't have the best brass, percussion and guard sections to ever grace a foot ball field. There's a reasonable argument to be made that you'd have to go back through many years and select a handful of "greats" that sadly will never cross paths on the competitive field

• Like 5

Ironically, balance is the one thing that is NOT judged on the brass sheet. It's the main reason I absolutely detest the fact that brass is judged from the field.

Are you serious...? What in the world. Either way, I think we can all agree that balance and quality are the hallmarks of Crown's hornline.

• Like 1

Of course it is.

...because everything newer is better, right?

Here we go, olden days were better. 1986 had the best horn line ever. Man you guys are like a broken record.

You're the polar opposite.

I like new stuff. I like old stuff. I basically like good stuff. I don't like B.S.

I don't like something automatically because it's "shinny and new" or "old and nostalgic".

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Ironically, balance is the one thing that is NOT judged on the brass sheet. It's the main reason I absolutely detest the fact that brass is judged from the field.

I think it's cover in Music Analysis, isn't it?