TOC - Warrensburg MO

Why, exactly? Crown was expected to win Brass last year. Suncoast performed in the 6th or 7th place position at finals (they tied for 6th at prelims with Madison, behind Spirit), with the juggernaut that was BD 1986 among those yet to perform. Field Brass was one of only four subcaptions that BD didn't win, and brass was their strong point (they were the "Crown" of brass back then). So I think that there is certainly merit in the question.

Now you are clearly a honk for Suncoast!! ;)

• Like 1

Context...it's a lot easier to justify a perfect number when you are last to perform. A 9.9 and winning the caption with 3-4 groups still left to perform....think about that.

5 groups. I just checked, Suncoast went on 7th (just after Madison and before Spirit)

Now you are clearly a honk for Suncoast!! ;)

Duh! :)

• Like 2

I was just surprised last night when they took high brass because frankly they didn't sound good on the feed - but I wasn't there so...

How did they sound to you on the feed? I had thought they sounded great the previous night even when they were said to be having problems (well beyond my knowledge and ability to detect no doubt) but then last night something sounded off in the quality of their sound and I didn't know if it was them or the feed.

With people saying they sounded better last night I began to suspect it was the feed, or mike placement relative to their show, or something.

Edited by skevinp

I just heard a lot of individuals during the transition marching -- the intonation was better than the prior FN feed

Had seen them live in Chester last weekend and even then was a little surprised, I'd guess a lot of it was due to changes in the visual program

Regardless -obviously the judge who was right there heard/felt much differently. So congrats to them on the caption win!

I'd lay money a lot of people on DCP are in a chair...with wheels....you know, cause they're old.

I'm on a treadmill right now running uphill for my cardio. Does that count? And yeah - I'm "old"

• Like 1

Treadmills suck...find a hill!