San Antonio Regional

My quick rant on DCI and Fan Network.

You are losing fans quickly with the FN. You came out and argued that you increased the capabilities of the FN, yet you struggled to maintain a consistent SD feed tonight.

It is time to either get in this thing all in, pay someone else to do it, or get out of it completely. No excuse for this kind of performance with the technology at one's fingertips today. If you plan to continue down this path, I would like my money back now

Solution = More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Wanna pay? I haven't this year.

Solid 9th place finish by BAC.. despite Marie Czapinski's 14th place GE number for them.

I can't keep track of which judge is supposed to be biased against which corps, and would love it if someone would take the time to compile the statistics to show that judge X, on average for some period of years, systematically ranks corps Y a given number of places below what they're awarded by other judges.

I really don't see BK over PR. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Regiment has a beautiful show design and they are performing with more and more confidence. How people are bored by this show is beyond me. BK is wonderful, too.....but PR is lush and more powerful IMHO.

I do agree with your SCV comment. Fingers crossed!

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of PR's show this year, but IMO it is significantly better than BK in just about every way (meaning in a fairly broad way, not necessarily analyzing caption by caption)

Edited by perc2100

I really don't see BK over PR. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Regiment has a beautiful show design and they are performing with more and more confidence. How people are bored by this show is beyond me. BK is wonderful, too.....but PR is lush and more powerful IMHO.

I do agree with your SCV comment. Fingers crossed!

I really don't see SCV over Bluecoats. I know I'm in the minority, but I think 'Coats has a beautiful show design and they are performing with more and more confidence. How people are bored by this show is beyond me. SCV is wonderful, too.....but BLUECOATS is lush and more powerful IMHO.

I do agree with your BK comment. Fingers crossed!

I watched the top 8 tonight and only had a few freeze ups in the beginning.

I'm on a MAC, used ethernet instead of wifi tonight and watched the high cam only.

You're right. My mistake.

It's alright, kind of hard to remember what every corps placed for the past 20 some years. :)

• Like 1

No they didn't. They tied in GE 1 sub caption, but BD was first in all captions, including overall GE.

Is GE 1 a subcaption or a caption? Are there just three captions, or are there eight captions?

If GE 1 and GE 2 and Brass and Percussion and so on are all subcaptions, does that mean that the "rep" and "comp" scores within those are sub-subcaptions?

(Because Cadets did tie BD in GE1.)

I watched the top 8 tonight and only had a few freeze ups in the beginning.

I'm on a MAC, used ethernet instead of wifi tonight and watched the high cam only.

i've got ridiculous pipe here and it was freezing up on multicam HD. that's a server issue. SD was only thing reliable until they got HD2 up.