One Person's Thoughts on Animal Farm.

It once was earlier in the season. It wasn't at finals. I don't get the satire part.

The whole satire part did not come across at finals. It came across as someone who stamps their feet when they feel the message isn't clear.

It was great reading your posts over the season about the corps. You had many kind words to say about the corps. Perhaps a few things were less overt earlier than later, but this was a creative decision on their part...I did not necessarily agree with all the decisions either...

Edited by Liahona

It was great reading your posts over the season about the corps. You had many kind words to say about the corps. Perhaps a few things were less overt earlier than later, but this was a creative decision on their part...I did not necessarily agree with all the decisions either...

My comments are not directed to other fans of the corps. It's just how I feel about what progressed during the season. To this day, I have the music playing in my head. The show design itself was not for everyone, but I'm sure this was known through the organization.

Here is what I think about where the corps is headed.

I truly believe Boston will build a champion. IMO, the way to do so will be do produce a kick-*ss show. It will take time. It will take money, but I see the intent is there. They have the talent to do so. They have the stability.

Just don't poke the bear.

In what organization will Boston be "Building a Champion?." BOA?

If I am to understand your post...you feel they sold out to BOA?...I honestly have no way to compare what you mean as I have never watched or attended any BOA/Music for All performances even though I've heard about them...I may have inadvertently watched one not knowing that though...I follow only DCI and sometimes DCA...and occasionally a specific WGI performance or two if they are mentioned on the forums here as a reference. usually it is when someone makes a comparison though.

If I am to understand your post...you feel they sold out to BOA?...I honestly have no way to compare what you mean as I have never watched or attended any BOA/Music for All performances even though I've heard about them...I may have inadvertently watched one not knowing that though...I follow only DCI and sometimes DCA...and occasionally a specific WGI performance or two if they are mentioned on the forums here as a reference. usually it is when someone makes a comparison though.

No - not at all.

Boston is part of DCI. DCI is the bear. Don't poke the bear..

My comments are not directed to other fans of the corps. It's just how I feel about what progressed during the season. To this day, I have the music playing in my head. The show design itself was not for everyone, but I'm sure this was known through the organization.

Here is what I think about where the corps is headed.

I truly believe Boston will build a champion. IMO, the way to do so will be do produce a kick-*ss show. It will take time. It will take money, but I see the intent is there. They have the talent to do so. They have the stability.

Just don't poke the bear.

I think I understand now better where you are coming from...thank you for clarifying that.

No - not at all.

Boston is part of DCI. DCI is the bear. Don't poke the bear..

Hey -- if they cause some tiff for "poking the bear," they can always maintain...with SOME justification,..that their intent was to poke the "Russian Bear."

I'd love to see the accompanying naive, innocent looks going along with that one...

Edited by HornTeacher

BRASSO is correct in that Boston has achieved an increased relevancy this year with the Animal Farm show. Would I have liked to see them score higher? Of course! Would they have placed higher had Blue Stars, Blue Knights and Cavies not improved as much over last year? Absolutely! As a design team, instructional staff, and membership, all you can control is your own destiny. The fact that these other corps happened to all have a great year this year as well does not diminish the success of BAC's show.

A few people here on DCP have intimated that I'm some sort of "honk". While I am extremely supportive of BAC, please note that at no time this summer did I disparage any other corps. Yeah, we all get the free speech thing, but at no time did I feel the need to savage any corps, including a couple who I would probably consider my "hot dog" corps.

Edited by craiga

nm.....

Edited by BRASSO

BAC's 2014 show production was the ultimate satire on the G7 and DCI itself. It was a hoot. The show was a huge success for the mere fact that it generated a lot of talk, a lot of buzz, a lot of commentary this season. Despite the placement, BAC showed that they would be relevent

Boston's DM on Finals Night that picked up the talcum powder, was seen smiling when he raised it up and looked up at the booth, before setting it down. Thats a bit of poking fun satire that people with an active and vibrant funny bone should be able to appreciate, imo. I loved the fact that Boston during the course of the season might have watered down just a small tad some of the demands on the marchers, but did not waver at all in the edginess, and in its show messaging. If anything, they kicked the edginess and satire up a notch. I liked that. They never backed down one bit, and remained undaunted all the way to the end. I'm looking forward to what they'll have in store for us in their 75th season of 2015.

You are correct. Which means no one at Boston should be bothered at all at the final results.

BRASSO is correct in that Boston has achieved an increased relevancy this year with the Animal Farm show. Would I have liked to see them score higher? Of course! Would they have placed higher had Blue Stars, Blue Knights and Cavies not improved as much over last year? Absolutely! As a design team, instructional staff, and membership, all you can control is your own destiny. The fact that these other corps happened to all have a great year this year as well does not diminish the success of BAC's show.

A few people here on DCP have intimated that I'm some sort of "honk". While I am extremely supportive of BAC, please note that at no time this summer did I disparage any other corps. Yeah, we all get the free speech thing, but at no time did I feel the need to savage any corps, including a couple who I would probably consider my "hot dog" corps.

Nice to hear. I mean that. As another past staff member of BC, you much longer, It's nice to see the objectivity and yes you're right about those other corps. I do think key stafff though did have a little more control of what their destiny would be but this was their choice and that's more than ok.

Now Tell emc whatever his name is on here.lol.talk about honk...lol. Guess that's ok too.

Edited by GUARDLING