Im sorry DCI, you need to fix the scoring again

I will admit that BD is doing more actual drill this year then they have the previous 6 years combined, however for the exception of 2 specific spots, the level of difficulty is nowhere near that of the 5 corps below them. I am not saying that they are not performing to a high level, I am not even saying they should not win, but the drill is easy.

• Like 5

I will admit that BD is doing more actual drill this year then they have the previous 6 years combined, however for the exception of 2 specific spots, the level of difficulty is nowhere near that of the 5 corps below them. I am not saying that they are not performing to a high level, I am not even saying they should not win, but the drill is easy.

The drill is marched at an incredible speed while playing extremely layered music. And this drill is actually really difficult - even I, A BD fan, was dumbstruck - at the sheer difficult of the drill. It's not the number of pages what makes a drill hard, its the attention to detail required. And BD shows a lot of that

• Like 1

Oh and I disagree with the brass placement as well. Marching while triple tounging and putting 60 trumpets on the field should be able to win crown another Jim Ott award....

• Like 1

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Just for the record, I'm hoping vanguard gets third this year, and not for the reason that I'm a SCV homer (I actually think bluecoats deserve it more)... but because I like the numbers to have patterns:

2010: 7th

2011: 6th

2012: 5th

2013: 4th

2014: 3rd??

#SCV2016!

• Like 5

I don't think there's any thing wrong with BD's numbers. It's an outstanding show and the performance levels are amazing. When they break the record on Saturday, it'll be well-earned. I'm just thrilled that they're going to get it with such an appealing show - I think it's probably my favorite music and drill from them since 2004;

• Like 2

BD wins Brass tonight. Now if they can just win Brass and Percussion on Saturday night it will be great. BD is in a class by themselves this year!

Edited by jmc5682