2015 Predictions

I like where you're going with this!

06_21_2011_cavaliers_2006.jpg

GroupShot12006Cavaliers.jpg

Sorry...forgot about that. I guess even a stupid mind is a terrible thing to waste. :doh:

Sorry...forgot about that. I guess even a stupid mind is a terrible thing to waste. :doh:

...but it was a GREAT idea! :grouphug:

Someone else could come in and give a completely different take. That show, technically was Machine, so a show about Robotics could be different

SCV will do a show about a tweet to BD playing some of BD's classics with an SCV twist......and BD will do a show about a tweet reply playing SCV classics with a BD twist.....................................nevermind, bad idea, they'd have to play every show together! :cool:

Seriously, lookout for Bloo! They have crossed the Rubicon in terms of effective prop use, cirque style visuals and easily expressed dynamic design. They get it. Their music, captions and performance will always compete for top honors, if they can just risk a bit more absurdity without jumping the shark...into a pile of guard members.

Cadets will bring it next year with a no nonsense in your face power production (George is ######), but if they don't connect the design to an understandable and easily staged theme (i.e. Angels & Demons) they'll leave the audience with bad mehmories and again linger in 3rd. Note to GH....lose the wireless mics.

CC has all the bells and whistles (come to think of it, if bells are considered percussion.....that's a work in progress). They need to leave Space or it will be their final frontier for sure. I expect to see more props that integrate from the start and make sense visually and are easily understood without having the crowd wonder why the gym teacher left gear out on the field. This is perhaps the 2nd most creative design team in DCI.... they can bring magic to the field if they have courage to say "nah....that won't work". Chops up the ying yang...... just need a mind blowing design that only they and maybe BD could pull off. And for Pete's sake...CLEEEEEEEEEEAN it up ....early!

Madison will (as some others have said) depart their historic shackles (sans Mason).....and keeping their traditional look, use the whole #### field....every inch....and make us all do a Cavies double-take with big brass and amazing drill. They can do it!

SCV......hmmmmm. I've been waiting for Jeff to take this powerhouse to the Cavies woodshed for some time now. Percussion is the class of the field but the brass needs a champion chart....they'll play the hell out of it....they just need the chart and eye popping Cavies style visual to match...they can do it! I think we'll see Cavies West next year....it's time Mr. Feidler! My regrets to our beloved Dinos...who have come to expect the expected from this monster.

Blue Stars......yep! They have been searching for "the team" and just might have found it, BUT they need to listen to each other and find the design vehicle they can all get on and head in the SAME direction!

BD.......exhibition only! Well it will seem like that after needing an abacus to calculate their numbers. It's almost not fair anymore. Their design team finishes each other's sentences and the only thing that could change their dominance would be running out of otherworldly themes. They might just stop ###### footing around and do that "One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest" production Chandler has been thinking about.

Cavies....if they don't start using that Cavies Juju....someone else is going to steal it...(ref. my comments about Madison and SVC). I think they are like KISS .....trapped in they uniforms for life. One wonders if they are getting the level of MM's they used to in the hay days. Unfortunately for the Cavies, they can only return to the days of glory with MM's that can do that eye popping #### and PLAY. Still always a threat to compete for the top 3, but they need a design that blows our mind.....again!

Boston......I say "Swing away Merrill!" Go physical, sex sells and their best productions in recent years were sexy. Bring back RED, make the frickin' field drip in it and force the first 3 rows have to back up and cover the eyes and ears of the little ones! :tounge2:

I'm forgetting a bunch of corps but I've misplaced my meds!

SCV will do a show about a tweet to BD playing some of BD's classics with an SCV twist......and BD will do a show about a tweet reply playing SCV classics with a BD twist.....................................nevermind, bad idea, they'd have to play every show together! :cool:

Seriously, lookout for Bloo! They have crossed the Rubicon in terms of effective prop use, cirque style visuals and easily expressed dynamic design. They get it. Their music, captions and performance will always compete for top honors, if they can just risk a bit more absurdity without jumping the shark...into a pile of guard members.

Cadets will bring it next year with a no nonsense in your face power production (George is ######), but if they don't connect the design to an understandable and easily staged theme (i.e. Angels & Demons) they'll leave the audience with bad mehmories and again linger in 3rd. Note to GH....lose the wireless mics.

CC has all the bells and whistles (come to think of it, if bells are considered percussion.....that's a work in progress). They need to leave Space or it will be their final frontier for sure. I expect to see more props that integrate from the start and make sense visually and are easily understood without having the crowd wonder why the gym teacher left gear out on the field. This is perhaps the 2nd most creative design team in DCI.... they can bring magic to the field if they have courage to say "nah....that won't work". Chops up the ying yang...... just need a mind blowing design that only they and maybe BD could pull off. And for Pete's sake...CLEEEEEEEEEEAN it up ....early!

Madison will (as some others have said) depart their historic shackles (sans Mason).....and keeping their traditional look, use the whole #### field....every inch....and make us all do a Cavies double-take with big brass and amazing drill. They can do it!

SCV......hmmmmm. I've been waiting for Jeff to take this powerhouse to the Cavies woodshed for some time now. Percussion is the class of the field but the brass needs a champion chart....they'll play the hell out of it....they just need the chart and eye popping Cavies style visual to match...they can do it! I think we'll see Cavies West next year....it's time Mr. Feidler! My regrets to our beloved Dinos...who have come to expect the expected from this monster.

Blue Stars......yep! They have been searching for "the team" and just might have found it, BUT they need to listen to each other and find the design vehicle they can all get on and head in the SAME direction!

BD.......exhibition only! Well it will seem like that after needing an abacus to calculate their numbers. It's almost not fair anymore. Their design team finishes each other's sentences and the only thing that could change their dominance would be running out of otherworldly themes. They might just stop ###### footing around and do that "One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest" production Chandler has been thinking about.

Cavies....if they don't start using that Cavies Juju....someone else is going to steal it...(ref. my comments about Madison and SVC). I think they are like KISS .....trapped in they uniforms for life. One wonders if they are getting the level of MM's they used to in the hay days. Unfortunately for the Cavies, they can only return to the days of glory with MM's that can do that eye popping #### and PLAY. Still always a threat to compete for the top 3, but they need a design that blows our mind.....again!

Boston......I say "Swing away Merrill!" Go physical, sex sells and their best productions in recent years were sexy. Bring back RED, make the frickin' field drip in it and force the first 3 rows have to back up and cover the eyes and ears of the little ones! :tounge2:

I'm forgetting a bunch of corps but I've misplaced my meds!

Always fun reading your ideas; they're presented very well.

Go find your meds and give us more entertainment!

Cavies....if they don't start using that Cavies Juju....someone else is going to steal it...(ref. my comments about Madison and SVC). I think they are like KISS .....trapped in they uniforms for life.

SVC - Santa Vara Clanguard? :p

• Like 1

EDIT: making my prediction once shows are revealed.

Edited by cjf20