10. Crossmen

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Troopers

13. Madison Scouts

14. The Academy

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Spirit of Atlanta

17. Colts

Gonna stop there since I don't have a tiny clue after this.

I realize that BD has been scoring higher than Cadets and BC, and I haven't seen them live yet, but I don't see them being better than Cadets or BC at this time. I've watched their show several times on youtube and there were some glaring problems within their guard and hornline that just isn't giving me any indication that their the corp to beat. High brass still sounds like BD, low brass isn't solid, percussion is still behind SCV and from what I've seen, Cadets as well.

Dropping Madison out of the top 12 is a stretch, I'm not much for their show either, but they perform it well enough for 10 place.

Edited by NCWVUFAN

1. Cadets

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Santa Clara

5. Carolina Crown

6. The Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11. Colts

12. Troopers

13. Boston

14. Madison

15. Spirit

16. The Academy

17. Oregon Crusaders

1: The cadets

2: Blue Devils

3: SCV

4: Bluecoats

5: Carolina Crown

6: The Cavaliers

7: Blue Knights

8: Blue Stars

9: Phantom Regiment

10: Crossmen

11: Madison Scouts

12: The Academy

I may change my mind after Bowling Green and Allentown (6/29 show), but I'm going to predict Crown is at least 3rd this year. I think they have the dark horse show that could be a powerhouse at the end of the season.

Until Blue Devils come East, which will be this Thursday, it's hard to predict if they will get another title, but I'm thinking no. While I am not completely sold on Cadets, I have been rethinking some of my initial reservations and think if it does become the cleanest show of the year, it will be an unstoppable warhorse. It is an amazing show.

SCV and Bluecoats will battle for 4th and 5th, though I've already got the heaping helping of crow ready for consumption this August If i am wrong.

I have a good feeling about Phantom and 6th place.

BK and Cavies battle for 7th snd 8th and PR should not underestimate either of them. Blue Stars could nip at their heels, but I see them as 9th.

I do see both Crossmen and BAC in finals, and still hope to see a major surge from BAC and current steady improvement does make this a possibility. This leaves Madison. Gut feeling, they could be struggling as the season ends, but I like the show and love Madison.

While I do see Madison as the corps fighting for 12th, I thought Troopers or Pacific Crest could find a home in finals after last week, and Academy could cause a stir. At this time I do think we'll see the same slate in the top 12 as we did in 2014, but anything could happen. Also, as I write this I can't help but wonder what Oregon Crusaders might do and Colts could do some damage.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

I don't currently have strong opinions beyond the top 6 but:

Design-wise, BD, SCV, Cadets and Bloo are bringing their A-game, this year. A very clean BD or Cadets is gonna take it, I think, and the exciting thing is that they're both relatively sloppy right now. Plenty of room to grow. I suspect it'll be the Cadets; the power of their show is irresistible.

SCV connects with me a little less, so far, but I suspect that will change as they get the hang of it, as it's clear they're really onto something. Bloo isn't yet pushing their concept as far as they could (and should!), imo, but I love the show.

I'm a bit disappointed with Crown's show; this year and last year, they've been falling back into the cheese trap. Sometimes that works for them, but their music program this year makes me wish the rest of the design were streamlined and more elegant. They have so many effects that it's hard to really savor them bit by bit (unlike the other 4). Or maybe it's that a dark show with dark uniforms and red accents is always going scream "A Defiant Heart" to me, a much better show.

PR just isn't exciting me so far.

I'm going to say this after seeing/hearing more of the corps early on:

1) Bluecoats

2) Cadets

3) BD

All 3 are championship worthy and front runners

4) SCV- Dark horse, but I'm not sure there's enough to win, reminds me a lot of their 99 show, and we know how they closed that year

5) Crown- Solid 5th, could mix it up with SCV or have a small likelihood of contending but a great show- Can't wait to see it. Truth is no matter what one of these fine corps has to be 5th...

6) Blue Knights

7) Cavies

8) Phantom

You could write these in any order and it will likely switch even into Finals night. Same as above, a all 3 corps have stepped it up but someone has to be 8th out of these fine groups.

9) Blue Stars- don't think they'll compete in the above group but also don't think the corps below will be bothering them.

10) Crossmen

11) Madison

Both corps are also better and have better overall products this year. But corps ahead have also stepped up and have better design. Madison has a straight forward crowd pleasing show but will likely not be above 10th. Crossmen are a solid in for finals this year but 10 is the ceiling I think.

12) ???

This is tough. Of all the top 12 spots the top 11 are solidly in. But the 12th spot is as wide open as can be. My guess is Boston but the show seems flawed, Troop has solid design and has room to grow. Academy very well could make it- Great quality corps this year. Even Colts, PC and OC have a shot. This is the only year I remember where the top 15-17 corps are in finalist position. How exciting though!!!

That's all for now, just my opinions

Right now,as of June 28

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cadets

3. Santa Clara

4. Bluecoats

5. Carolina Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10 - 12 = dogfight. Crossmen, Troopers, Boston, Madison, Colts, Academy, and others are going to fight for those last few spots. This will be one of the neat reasons to go to quarters and semi finals.

• Like 1

While I am not completely sold on Cadets, I have been rethinking some of my initial reservations and think if it does become the cleanest show of the year, it will be an unstoppable warhorse. It is an amazing show.

That's a pretty big "if." Have you watched both BD's and Cadets' show? There's a pretty stark difference between the two. The Cadets have bit off a monster of a show. The difficulty is incredible. I'll be surprised if the Cadets reach a BD level of clean this August with a show like they have right now (they haven't even officially put their real ending in yet, that's a lot to clean). If the Cadets win a title this year, it's because they outplayed, outspun, and beat BD in GE. Not because they were the cleaner corps.

That's a pretty big "if." Have you watched both BD's and Cadets' show? There's a pretty stark difference between the two. The Cadets have bit off a monster of a show. The difficulty is incredible. I'll be surprised if the Cadets reach a BD level of clean this August with a show like they have right now (they haven't even officially put their real ending in yet, that's a lot to clean). If the Cadets win a title this year, it's because they outplayed, outspun, and beat BD in GE. Not because they were the cleaner corps.

No corps is unbeatable. There is no big "if" on June 28. A lot can happen between now and August.