Staff merrigoround

Yep, this does happen as well as acting out some rants of a few posters/

Do the rest of the corps members watching the people acting out the rants say "OMG - you are so cool! When I grow up I want to be just like you!?"

Edited by Lincoln

Year 1 Buick,

Believe me, someone can be reading these DCP posts (lurking in DCP terminology) for years before being professionally free to post on DCP.

Were you aware that a common entertainment on many corps busses this summer was after shows enroute to new places to read DCP posts for the day and vote on "the most ludicrous," "the most obnoxious," and sometimes "the most realistic?" I heard this from two of my sponsorees who don't know each other and marched 2 different world class corps. Tends to put in perspective the myths in which we live.

Oh, sure. Some even pick up new logins. (Naughty, naughty.) I was probably assuming a bit much there.
  • Like 1

Do the rest of the corps members watching the people acting out the rants say "OMG - you are so cool! When I grow up I want to be just like you!?"

well some are actually quite funny, especially when you see the rant out of text and visually see the bug eyed hair pullings added to the written drama

well some are actually quite funny, especially when you see the rant out of text and visually see the bug eyed hair pullings added to the written drama

I'm sure it's funny for their age group. After all, there are people who think Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler are funny.

Edited by Lincoln

there are benchmarks for success and rating. there is some interpretation, but it's close to where the judging framework is setup.

I would say that was true 15 to 20 years ago, when there were delineated criteria for each box in each sub-caption. Now the sheets just show the boxes as rough "sometimes", "usually", "always" assessments for a set of criteria that applies to the entire sub-caption. Basically each sub-caption gets a big 100 point scale and someone puts a number down for how much they feel the complete list of criteria is met. So more subjective than before with very little in the form of benchmarking.

• Like 1

It is so cool to get this firsthand take on this. You are on the busses seeing this are you not?