Staff merrigoround

Thoughts on Adam Sage at Crusaders as Visual Coordinator and possibly Program Coordinator?

I think Adam is a great teacher and designer. That being said, this is new territory for him at the drum corps level. I'm sure he will work well with JL Branson and the guard team, but I am curious how he'll do overseeing the whole visual program.

Knowing Adam, he'll be just fine.

Thoughts on Adam Sage at Crusaders as Visual Coordinator and possibly Program Coordinator?

the rumor mill says there is some personality baggage. I don't know about that.

I do know I really like his vision. Always have. I think this will be a great role for him, and a great fit for Boston.

Good on Blue Stars for not using the revolving staff door.

I haven't been looking, but what's the staff stability been like at Bluecoats for the last few years?

Not a revolving door, but Andy Mroczek left after 2013 from their guard, Roger Carter became percussion caption head in 2013, and Daniel Wiles their drill writer resigned mid-season in 2012.

Those are the only "major" roles I can think of. Doug Thrower has been doing their brass book for a while, not sure about the front ensemble and teaching staff.

Dean Westman has also been there for some time.

Did Dean go directly to the Bluecoats from his time with Troopers?

(Sorry...mistyped wrong group. Yikes!!!)

Edited by HornTeacher

Not a revolving door, but Andy Mroczek left after 2013 from their guard, Roger Carter became percussion caption head in 2013, and Daniel Wiles their drill writer resigned mid-season in 2012.

Those are the only "major" roles I can think of. Doug Thrower has been doing their brass book for a while, not sure about the front ensemble and teaching staff.

Rarick has been with Bloo for at least a decade now.

Rarick has been with Bloo for at least a decade now.

Thanks, Jeff!

Doug and Rarrick have both been there a very long time. As for Dean Westman, I believe he went directly there from Troopers.

Bluecoats also had a new visual caption head in 2014.

The viz staff at Bloo was almost totally new from top to bottom. Most had previously marched together at Cadets, a few with a little prior time teaching at Oregon Crusaders first. Emotional levels between Bloo and Cadets were almost polar opposites, but both improved their marching over previous takes.