Staff merrigoround

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=744 blue stars entire design staff is returning.

No changes in the Blue Stars design staff.

Richard Saucedo, brass composer/arranger and music coordinator; Michael Shapiro, color guard designer and choreographer, and visual coordinator; Ian Grom, percussion composer/arranger; John Mapes, percussion composer/arranger; and Tim Fairbanks, drill designer.

Story

• Like 1

Richard Saucedo, brass composer/arranger and music coordinator; Michael Shapiro, color guard designer and choreographer, and visual coordinator; Ian Grom, percussion composer/arranger; John Mapes, percussion composer/arranger; and Tim Fairbanks, drill designer.

Story

Nice!

Thank you for your opinion, seen-it-all. This is an opinion board where people offer their perspectives on certain issues. You say that one is allowed to critique an alumi and don't need to be a blind loyalist, but in the context of your whole message, this seems to be more lip service than anything else. I don't know you, drum corps is not a sacred entity. This is a place where people can come and just talk junk if they wish. You seem to take many people on DCP way too seriously. So, if I understand the point you wish to make. The only place that one can say anything negative about the corps is to the organization itself. In turn, nothing negative should be said on DCP turning into a purely postive place for people to come and just sing praises (e.g., worship) about all drum corps organizations (e.g., the sacred entity). The person I am today I do not owe to a drum corps. There are many more important things to attach ones identity to. To ME, this is a message trying to quilt people into silence and really nothing more.

allow me to be logical here for a second:

ok, we get it...you're an alumni who feels like you have nowhere else to voice your opinions. And hey, DCP is great for that.

Some people disagree with you, or think you should shut up. And hey, DCP is great for that too.

At some point, instead of fighting with everyone about it, realize it is what it is, say what you have to say, and move on. I've criticized lots of things on here, including DCP itself. And when I've said my piece, I've moved on to whatever gets my goat up or makes me want to sing praises next.

the lesson? Say what you want to say, and instead of battling everyone who disagrees, go about your way until you feel the need to speak up again. do many people on here think i'm an ########? Sure. And that's ok...because I am.

• Like 2

Story

this could be fun

Thoughts on Adam Sage at Crusaders as Visual Coordinator and possibly Program Coordinator?

"I've always liked what he has accomplished with the guards he's worked with. I hope he does well in the new role."

He has a lot of depth and knowledge, but also a lot of emotion. He's certainly done great things. He also doesn't stay long with any one corps of which he has seen many. Fun guy and a challenge to others.

• Like 2