Show ideas for next year's corps?

Most of these are serious, anyways. ( did I already do one of these?)

Phantom Regiment- "Joan of Arc"

If you think it's a bad idea then just watch jenison 2012, and there is a death!

Blue Stars- "Children of Eden"

I don't even know why but I feel like they could pull it off (and in our hands/children of Eden finale is such a beautiful song)

Boston Crusaders- "75"

Mehh something like that.

Madison Scouts- "Oh Look Fanfa-and it's gone, featuring more music like an elephant dart to the publics face"

Tbh the past two years.

Colts- "Remember The Tin man"

Because why not and Zydeco 2012 changed my life.

Bluecoats- "Paranormal"

Wishful thinking here.

Carolina Crown- "The Insanity of An Imaginary World"

I would be very happy.

Crossmen- "X-MEN"

This would legit be amazing.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say.

Everything I've Done could be something akin to what the Dancer in the Dark section was to the 2005 show; a spiritual spiritual relative of sorts...

Really, it could have deeper meaning for the Cadets. If you look at the lyrics to Everything I've Done it could mean a lot of things to a lot of people.... Tekk, I think you got a great idea for a show, and I honestly think this could be a good piece of music to fit into that show...

I hope they use my idea lol

h!

I don't even know why but I feel like they could pull it off (and in our hands/children of Eden finale is such a beautiful song)

Boston Crusaders- "75"

Blue Stars- All kinds of prop opportunities from animal costumes, releasing a dove, and an ark.

Boston- "75 And Still Alive."

Madison- Could do my annual request of "Scarlet Pimpernel" complete with a good size galleon with a couple of small workable cannons.

Edited by Ghost

Blue Stars- All kinds of prop opportunities from animal costumes, releasing a dove, .

I can see it now...finals night, the dove flies up into the rafters at Lucas Oil Stadium and refuses to come down. Being disoriented and frightened by the booming echoes of the following corps, it files around crapping on the field. The judges are left poring over the rule book to determine if its simply a single tenth penalty for the bird during the show or a tenth for every crap that hits the field.

I can see it now...finals night, the dove flies up into the rafters at Lucas Oil Stadium and refuses to come down. Being disoriented and frightened by the booming echoes of the following corps, it files around crapping on the field. The judges are left poring over the rule book to determine if its simply a single tenth penalty for the bird during the show or a tenth for every crap that hits the field.

If this happens during their performance, think of the great visual/GE scores! Might have to hold off on this idea until drones are allowed.

I was speaking to BD's soprano line running away with Miss Agiulera's vocal runs and Their guard would be the only unit to do the dancing justice.

Blue Stars- All kinds of prop opportunities from animal costumes, releasing a dove, and an ark.

Paging the Westshoremen... Westshoremen to the white courtesy phone please...

(The last time doves were involved in a field show, it did not turn out very well)

http://drumcorpswiki.com/Westshoremen#The_Dove_Incident

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 1

Show ideas for next year's corps is a kind of challenge and possibilities are very extended. If each corps has built its own style and repertorie choice, all parameters of arrangements, compositions, respect of melodies. Sometimes the play of arrangements create cut effects in a kind of patchwork which is completly different from the original music.

There are not special good choice, a good corps is able to play Pop, Classic or rock'n roll for Marching Music.

The choice of Music is a first element, after, it is interesting to make different things.

It would be interesting to propose different themes for Music, but after it exist many musicians who compose original music parts.

- Pop electro : M83, Capital Cities, Lili Wood and thePicks, Daft Punk....

- Pop music : Madonna, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue ...

- Motown music with testimonate to all artists of this generation

- Pop Rock : U2, One Republic, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Shakapunk, Seal, Sting,...

- Classic : Vivaldi, les Contes d'Hoffmann, Carmina Burana

- B.O. Music from movies and mythic series : James Bond theme, The Saint, "Amicalement Vôtre", Amélie Poulain,

Fantomas, The Streets of san Francisco, The LoveBoat / La Croisière s'amuse..., Hair, Pulp fiction

All possibilities are offered, ...let's make music

Edited by Fabrice

Most of these are serious, anyways. ( did I already do one of these?)

Phantom Regiment- "Joan of Arc"

If you think it's a bad idea then just watch jenison 2012, and there is a death!

Boston Crusaders- "75"

Madison Scouts- "Oh Look Fanfa-and it's gone, featuring more music like an elephant dart to the publics face"

Tbh the past two years.

Colts- "Remember The Tin man"

Because why not and Zydeco 2012 changed my life.

Bluecoats- "Paranormal"

Wishful thinking here.

Carolina Crown- "The Insanity of An Imaginary World"

I would be very happy.

Crossmen- "X-MEN"

This would legit be amazing.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say.

Wait, Crown? Take Tarpon ideas? Never! *sarcasm* But Jenison knocked that show out of the park. PR doing it would be good in a few years after some straight up music shows. Paranormal wouldnt translate well to DCI I dont think. Too WW heavy (but thats the show that got me into band, which got me interested in corps, so...). Part of me wouldnt mind seeing Crown doing Alice, but it wouldnt be the same. That was a rather weak Tarpon brass line, but the WW's were excellent as always, so it would be a completely different feel to the show. The Crossmen idea... Thats pretty d*** funny.