George Hopkins response to the critics

Well this all sounds fine and dandy, but where the rubber hits the road... in other words, where ACTIONS define things much better than words, the G7 was ALL about " placements ". THEY chose the requirements.... and not a single solitary word was spoken about all the agreed intangibles you just mentioned here, ie " respect for the other Corps "... Corps success being defined as " bringing people to their feet" and "tears to the eyes of the audience".... and " there are no losers "... " its all about the kids", and all this other happy talk that goes right out the window when you keep your eye on the ball and you watch a person's actions, instead of the words that are coming out of their mouth that could be the truth, a bunch of BS, or something in between. Actions best define who we are, not the words we utter.

The kids who do Drum Corps are all amazing. They truly are. Its the adults that sometimes make us embarrassed by what they say and do... especially when their actions over the years has frequently been at odds with the the pristine rhetoric that goes out on the public airwaves for public consumption.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I have a red set of drums.

I have a silver muffler too. You could probably drum better than me on your drums and on my muffler, but whats your point, as it just flew right over my head ?

Edited by BRASSO

I have a silver muffler too. You could probably drum better than me on your drums and on my muffler, but whats your point, as it just flew right over my head ?

Good...I don't feel alone now.

Good...I don't feel alone now.

haha!