Lucas Oil Thoughts

ok you can have that....lol..although there are some who do feel it's about the big not the little picture..but I wont get you your drum thing DUDE!...lol

I do wonder though with split drum line ..cadets 2011 and other times. how 1 judge can even judge a drum line today. Its not like BITD when all drummers were pretty close to each other 100% of the time. Just wondering

I see both sides. to e, music ensemble should be gone and brass 2 upstairs added like percussion has. then you get the best of both worlds. you take brass and percussion off the field and you just end up with lame ensemble duplicates, and with amps etc you can't hear ####.

Jeff... Sit up high and under the overhang. I sat there for finals and the echo is removed. Sit down low and it is nothing but echo.

i went up there in 2010. my issues with heights didnt keep me up there long, but honestly i found echo as well as a reduction of volume to be beyond my liking

• Like 1

We tested out the 500 level around the 20 yard line, on side 1, during different times in semis and prelims, and other than a couple of backfield facing things (ex: BD marching & facing back corner on side 2 late in the show) there were not any real sound issues even up in the nose bleeds.

Really, rotating out of Indy would make going on vacation better for families.

• Like 2

Drum corps fans got soft. Too hot, sun's in my eyes, it might rain, no seat backs or arm rests. Geeze.

• Like 2

I agree. I just don't think that's their primary care. Maybe DCI feels it's more sustainable to keep it in Indy. Like previous posters have stated, when I was at Finals last week, I haven't seen a crowd that big for Finals at LOS before. They must be doing something right.

Yes, please.

1. Been there enough already with my family, and without my family, to not look forward to going back. Not sure when I'll make the trip again, because... (see #2)

2. AIRFARE is ridiculous flying into Indy! I could fly into Chicago and drive 3 hours and save about $100. But what a pain. I was lucky enough to get to go by myself this year, but I can't dip into our family travel budget like this every year.

3. Variety of location offers my family many more options for new things to do. Having a rotation out of Indy every 3-5 years would help us decide to take a trip to Finals week destinations.

But, given that the crowd was so large, I imagine it's not going to be easy to convince DCI to move out of LOS, even if it's just once every 3-5 years. We've said these things before. It's nothing new. But maybe saying it more often will help turn the tide while DCI is considering negotiations with LOS as their current contract comes to a close in a few years.

I agree. I just don't think that's their primary care. Maybe DCI feels it's more sustainable to keep it in Indy. Like previous posters have stated, when I was at Finals last week, I haven't seen a crowd that big for Finals at LOS before. They must be doing something right.

well, Indy cuts them a great deal. DCI makes money in Indy, a lot more than they did in Pasadena. That's why they stay. Indy rolls out the red carpet. it's why DCI HQ moved there

• Like 1

Why is this? Because they are now heavily promoting the $15 In-state tickets to Indiana Residents only. This generates a LOT of walk-ups on Saturday night, and thus those Super and Value seats that run $42.95 and $62.95 on Ticketmaster that are still unsold by Finals (which are actually quite a few), are now filled at a fraction of the cost. Even though DCI would obviously prefer to have those seats sold at full value, it's a win-win for everyone just by filling the stadium up. The fans win, DCI still gets something out of it, and it's a huge PR move.

There are several other partner groups that DCI has promote this offer as well. All around, it just works.