Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Hey Brasso, Hope you are going to Foxboro tomorrow. Are you? I am not sure the David Simon is a Simon of Simon and Schuster. If so he is extremely low key about it and guarded to the point you wouldn't know. There were rumors about it but he would dispel them. There were rumors he was from the Simon Property Group family of Indianapolis (Simon Malls). He might be Paul Simon's younger smarter brother.

On another note the exposure BAC is getting, along with BD next week will be pretty far reaching I think. Especially BAC on the Esplanade. (WBZ a CBS affiliate station to answer xandxandl's question) There shuld be some concentrated TV time during the Esplanade show. The program has BAC as playing the 1812 Overature which gets crazy TV coverage for the orchestra and the National Guard cannon's firing.

No way will I try to go again to the Boston Esplanade 4th show & fireworks. Too much traffic, crowds. I 've been to it a dozen times or so over the years anyway. Besides, I'll be going to the DCI/ DCA combined show in Lynn, Ma. on the evening of the 4th. As for tomorrow,' don't want to fight the heavy Cape Cod holiday traffic expected on the 2nd heading down around to Gillette Stadium ( Foxboro ), so I 'll watch it on the computer hook up to the TV more than likely.

Edited by BRASSO

As for tomorrow,' don't want to fight the heavy Cape Cod holiday traffic expected on the 2nd heading down around to Gillette Stadium ( Foxboro ), so I 'll watch it on the computer hook up to the TV more than likely.

What a lame excuse! There will not be any major traffic issues on Route 1 near Gillette Stadium which is just North of 495. Now I have to notify the Comedy Scene that you not will be holding a book signing session shortly after 2PM.

• Like 1

I think that adding an iron throne made of 1000 melted trombones would look great on that stage

And a flying dragon would really help GE.

Just sayin.'

I like your style, Lancer.

• Like 1

Hey Brasso, Hope you are going to Foxboro tomorrow. Are you? I am not sure the David Simon is a Simon of Simon and Schuster. If so he is extremely low key about it and guarded to the point you wouldn't know. There were rumors about it but he would dispel them. There were rumors he was from the Simon Property Group family of Indianapolis (Simon Malls). He might be Paul Simon's younger smarter brother.

On another note the exposure BAC is getting, along with BD next week will be pretty far reaching I think. Especially BAC on the Esplanade. (WBZ a CBS affiliate station to answer xandxandl's question) There shuld be some concentrated TV time during the Esplanade show. The program has BAC as playing the 1812 Overature which gets crazy TV coverage for the orchestra and the National Guard cannon's firing.

Congratulations, Boston Crusaders! Happy Fourth. Here's a direct link for (worldwide) online viewing and schedule.

http://bostonpopsjuly4th.org/

• Like 1

Congratulations, Boston Crusaders! Happy Fourth. Here's a direct link for (worldwide) online viewing and schedule.

http://bostonpopsjuly4th.org/

Thanks.

Listening to the drum majors' commenting on the TV promo earlier in these posts, I couldn't help but think what a great resume` factoid for those two guys: "I guest conducted with Keith Lockhart July 4, 2015 at his concert in Boston! and that same weekend, I got to do it at Tanglewood in Lenox too." (Who wouldn't be impressed)

• Like 1

What a lame excuse! There will not be any major traffic issues on Route 1 near Gillette Stadium which is just North of 495. Now I have to notify the Comedy Scene that you not will be holding a book signing session shortly after 2PM.

I told you in a PM message last week that I would not be attending, you silly Spirit.

As for the book signing, Guardling has volunteered to work the book signing in my place at the pre show with his own book... " Back in the Day Drum Corps... a Revisionist History ".

That's a nice TV piece and great promo for the corps.

Might anyone in Greater Boston list here what TV stations will be showing the corps and fireworks on the Esplanade. Since some of my drum corps fans are already complaining about the weather where they are for the Fourth, perhaps giving the TV stations would allow some with larger TV systems to bring in the Boston broadcast of the same. Station, call letters, what time is the broadcast, etc.

As each corps hits its memorable anniversaries, it is impressive to see what clever ways the various units are doing to tie past, present and future. Tanglewood and the Esplanade activities are truly Bostonian.

There will be a free LIVE internet stream for this event. I confirmed this with a board member. I think someone already provided the link, but here is the link to the live stream page.
edit:
– Watch it live on WBZ-TV or CBSBoston.com starting at 8 p.m.

– Listen to it live on WBZ NewsRadio 1030 or CBSBoston.com starting at 7 p.m.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

I don't give in to living in my dreams too often, but I wonder what the 2015 would be if BAC was still in this uniform. Methinks the show would be a bit more successfully dynamic.

bostoncrusaders.jpgBoston Crusaders, Special Guests

This year’s program will also include a performance by the Boston Crusaders. The Boston Crusaders celebrate their 75th Anniversary this year. Founded in 1940, its the third-oldest junior drum and bugle corps in the nation and is proud to be a founding member of Drum Corps International. The Boston Crusaders are comprised of 150 young women and men ages 15-22. Brass players, percussionists and color guard members travel over 10,000 miles each summer, performing in more than 40 competitions and exhibitions before a combined audience of over 300,000 fans. For more information on the Boston Crusaders please visit: www.bostoncrusaders.org.

• Like 1

I hope somebody tapes this and later puts it on the InnerTubby thingy. ( if you get my drift)