Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Wishing you a proud and honored 75th, Boston Crusaders.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

. As for tomorrow,' don't want to fight the heavy Cape Cod holiday traffic expected on the 2nd heading down around to Gillette Stadium ( Foxboro ), so I 'll watch it on the computer hook up to the TV more than likely.

Well, guess what big guy? Route 1 travel yesterday, before, during, and after the Gillette show was nothing. Around 900 paid for the Gala gig and it was great. Plenty of room to socialize, eat, drink, etc. Outside seats were perfect. Might have been tough on the judges right off the isle, out in the open when they were rapping up there comments while fans were heading in and out of the Putnam Club. Horn Teacher has an extra ticket for Tanglewood by the way.

Well, guess what big guy? Route 1 travel yesterday, before, during, and after the Gillette show was nothing. Around 900 paid for the Gala gig and it was great. Plenty of room to socialize, eat, drink, etc. Outside seats were perfect. Might have been tough on the judges right off the isle, out in the open when they were rapping up there comments while fans were heading in and out of the Putnam Club. Horn Teacher has an extra ticket for Tanglewood by the way.

I sure hope you and the other BAC Alums took the given opportunity that dropped into your lap to intimidate those judges to the maximum degree as they walked by you all there, Ghost ( lol!)... all kidding aside, glad you all had a great time. Heard it was a great turnout there at the BAC Suite ( Putnam Investments Suite, Gillette Stadium )

I was very surprised at the lack of Route 1 traffic. I know quite a few people had short work days yesterday, so that eliminated rush hour traffic which is bad on just about any weekday, and the staggered time for the reunion helped, but traffic did flow. Even with Pats games, the flow of Route 1 traffic is not bad, or at least not horrendous. When you get to 495, 95, or stay on Route 1 to 128, then it can become a nightmare.

It was also an amazing show and would have been worth a traffic jam. Great job and thanks to all the all the BAC folks. You make it easy to be a supporter. And to all those who wonder what BAC means, last night Mike Woodall gave it a new twist: Building A Champion. When he was DM, few thought they'd be a 50th, speak less of a 75th. So you never know....

• Like 1

I was very surprised at the lack of Route 1 traffic. I know quite a few people had short work days yesterday, so that eliminated rush hour traffic which is bad on just about any weekday, and the staggered time for the reunion helped, but traffic did flow. Even with Pats games, the flow of Route 1 traffic is not bad, or at least not horrendous. When you get to 495, 95, or stay on Route 1 to 128, then it can become a nightmare.

It was also an amazing show and would have been worth a traffic jam. Great job and thanks to all the all the BAC folks. You make it easy to be a supporter. And to all those who wonder what BAC means, last night Mike Woodall gave it a new twist: Building A Champion. When he was DM, few thought they'd be a 50th, speak less of a 75th. So you never know....

Nice. Very, very nice. I LIKE that!!!

This reminds me of the time a reporter asked the NBA's Shaquille O' Neal in his 9th year of play ( who did not have a college degree at the time) if he intended some day to go back and get himself a college degree. O' Neal, a multimillionaire by then, replied jokingly to the reporter's question : .. " if I want to get me something from a College, I 'll just go BUY me a College ".

I remember back in fall 88 when he & I were both at LSU (him freshman, me finishing grad school). I don't notice a lot, but he was hard to miss. He had like 4 'handlers' with him at all times making sure he got to class, helped taking notes, etc. All were 'cheerleader' types, so to speak.

Happy 75th BAC!! Seven thousand Alums and friends last night, Great job and have fun at The Pops and then Tanglewood.... Go BAC/BD!

You make it easy to be a supporter. And to all those who wonder what BAC means, last night Mike Woodall gave it a new twist: Building A Champion. When he was DM, few thought they'd be a 50th, speak less of a 75th. So you never know....

Mike enjoys being the spoke person for the BOD and does a great job at it. Even though I try to be realistic when observing any corps, anyone who follows the Crusaders has to be impressed and hopeful with how the BOD is focused and goal oriented with the whole organization. Us alums, who can be PITA's at times, just have to be more patient as they grow to overtake corps that traditionally are ahead of them.