Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Thanks craiga. You would have to be at tangle wood to understand. Ghost does not understand.

Sorry emc2, but if you read my last line of my most recent post, I was positive about both the "hat" (your word in a post) and "tangle wood" (your spelling) and now it's time to go after finishing in 7th or 8th, another positive comment. You may not have come down from the great and very positive performances of the Crusaders, but none of the judges are going to give a rats asss about any of those events, only what the design team and lead brass/percussion/guard arrangers/instructors have given the mm to work with and how they execute these next few weeks. What took place earlier this month is part of the corps fantastic history, but it's time to do what the corps has fought for these many decades, compete for championships or is Building A Champion just words?

Edited by Ghost

The drum corps is working incredibly hard every day to get better and better, and they are. As alumni, it is our responsibility to provide them with the support, both financial and motivational, to achieve at the highest possible level. As I see the financial and organizational moves coming from the BOD, the hard work every day coming from the instructional staff, and the immense efforts shown by the very members themselves, I have nothing but praise for all involved.

Competitively, we have yet to see all the World Class drum corps competing in the same show on the same night. That will occur for the first time tomorrow night in San Antonio, and we'll see where we stand. Yes, we are aiming to Build A Champion, but as someone who is now in my 35th as an instructor and designer, I also know that no one in BAC has any control whatever in the programming, membership, instruction, or efforts of any other organization.

Boston is only in control of its own destiny....the corps deserves and will get our absolute respect and support. They've been earning it every day.

• Like 3

Boston is only in control of its own destiny....the corps deserves and will get our absolute respect and support. They've been earning it every day.

You nailed it...this is how I feel about it.

• Like 2

The drum corps is working incredibly hard every day to get better and better, and they are. As alumni, it is our responsibility to provide them with the support, both financial and motivational, to achieve at the highest possible level. As I see the financial and organizational moves coming from the BOD, the hard work every day coming from the instructional staff, and the immense efforts shown by the very members themselves, I have nothing but praise for all involved.

Competitively, we have yet to see all the World Class drum corps competing in the same show on the same night. That will occur for the first time tomorrow night in San Antonio, and we'll see where we stand. Yes, we are aiming to Build A Champion, but as someone who is now in my 35th as an instructor and designer, I also know that no one in BAC has any control whatever in the programming, membership, instruction, or efforts of any other organization.

Very true Craiga. But maybe related to being in control of their own destiny; I am not sure any endeavor that relies on another persons judgement, enables anyone true control over their destiny. It got me wondering though from a points assessment standpoint, there seems to be, each year for Boston, a slowdown in the progression of score.

I get that all scores are based on a nights perforamance and a comparison to other corps performances in the same show as well. It just seems that there is a (putting on my conspiracy theory tin foil hat now) manipulation of numbers to keep some corps tiered, dare I say slotted, so there is greater competition between them. It appears fabricated.

I believe ALL corps when they get to a certain point of the season, even with changes going in, performance levels should not necessarily stagnate or drop. Logically speaking it does not make sense that some corps have no drops in points at all while other fluctuate significantly. To qualify what I mean by significantly: at this point of the season a 2 point drop; a hold of a score or very limited increase of say .5 over three shows. Maybe it is my perception alone but at least it gives me something to do between shows, to look at scores to see if there is any correlation or if I need a meds adjustment.

Beyond that, Boston certainly has some work ahead of them and I hope they are concentrating on cleaning. And from what all reviews of their show have been, looking at prop/banner staging. If what they are doing, is planned for Indy alone, if they aren't getting any credit while they work toward Indy, they will not all of a sudden get the credit in Indy where the viewers of the show go "AAAHHH, so thats what they meant to do".

None is not meant to be critical. Cautionary maybe but not critical. I believe in the direction the corps is going and support them fully. Although I won't quite rise to overstating their efforts saying they are doing things no other corps is doing in DCI. Patience & faith are my watchwords. Eat em up Boston.

• Like 1

Interesting. Guard scores 4 show in a row same score. Drums scores 4 shows in a row scores down. TOC score over the years all down. Very interesting.

Interesting. Guard scores 4 show in a row same score. Drums scores 4 shows in a row scores down. TOC score over the years all down. Very interesting.

Please stop complaining about scores...you just loose your credibility IMO.

Please stop complaining about scores...you just loose your credibility IMO.

Liahona these are facts off of planet . Not complaining about anything. Just frustrated and I know how hard these great kids are working.

Liahona these are facts off of planet . Not complaining about anything. Just frustrated and I know how hard these great kids are working.

The thing is, all corps kids are working hard. It isn't exclusive to Boston.
  • Like 1