MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Sure, but we're here, not there. And are you saying that, for instance, rancidrolla's report, which immediately follows your post, should be disregarded?

Nope, just saying those are where you get direct info from the corps and not just opinions and second-hand news.

I was also responding to someone that Is an alum that comes in here every so often to start ####.

Welp, from what I've gathered so far about them, purely from comments on here, is that people are excited about them and think they'll have a great season---perhaps move up. There's much optimism. As there is pretty much every year on a Madison scouts forum. However, there's such optimism on other corps forums as well. Every year it can be found. I simply am not prepared to make prediction on the Madison Scouts moving up or down based on statements like "I'm hearing good things from the camps" and "I really like this particular staff choice" as well as going off of people with more primary intel who would have a proclivity to optimism fir the scouts anyway. There's simply nothing unique about the hype and provided info for the scouts that would make me think otherwise from my prediction.

Agreed. i predict no better than 9th...and that's a stretch.

Were Moore and Bedis there together then?

Yep...interesting blend of East coast/west coast.

Wondering if anyone has been at rehearsals and if you can speak to what the overall vibe of the

show is. Like I know it's the Gene Kelly music of the 30s/40s, but is it big band-ish and melodic,

or is it sort of a modernized sound-bite-ish version of that style? Also, what's the overall impression

of the visual and colorguard portion of the show? I'm very excited to see the show and plan on

catching them in the theater in a couple weeks and then DOP on the 27th! :D

It's a Boerma book, so it's incredibly melodic. As for visual, yea, quite nice on all fronts. Sparling and company are also doing great things with the percussion.

Just spent the last half hour listening to 1998 remembrance over and over. Probably my favorite drum corps performance to date. LOVE that song.

• Like 1

Just spent the last half hour listening to 1998 remembrance over and over. Probably my favorite drum corps performance to date. LOVE that song.

Imagine how fun it was to play it on the field!

Would love to see THAT Madison Scouts again.

It's one of the rare instances where the drum corps arrangement is better than the original recording (or most covers).

WARNING: Yazz flute ahead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un9HODr3FMI

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Love hearing people give that 98 show love. It was a great show and very fun to march, but it often gets forgotten as it was sandwiched between the two epics of 97 Pirates and 99 JCS.

• Like 1