MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Based on what I gather so far I'm going to predict they stay where they are.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Welp, from what I've gathered so far about them, purely from comments on here, is that people are excited about them and think they'll have a great season---perhaps move up. There's much optimism. As there is pretty much every year on a Madison scouts forum. However, there's such optimism on other corps forums as well. Every year it can be found. I simply am not prepared to make prediction on the Madison Scouts moving up or down based on statements like "I'm hearing good things from the camps" and "I really like this particular staff choice" as well as going off of people with more primary intel who would have a proclivity to optimism fir the scouts anyway. There's simply nothing unique about the hype and provided info for the scouts that would make me think otherwise from my prediction.

Welp, from what I've gathered so far about them, purely from comments on here, is that people are excited about them and think they'll have a great season---perhaps move up. There's much optimism. As there is pretty much every year on a Madison scouts forum. However, there's such optimism on other corps forums as well. Every year it can be found. I simply am not prepared to make prediction on the Madison Scouts moving up or down based on statements like "I'm hearing good things from the camps" and "I really like this particular staff choice" as well as going off of people with more primary intel who would have a proclivity to optimism fir the scouts anyway. There's simply nothing unique about the hype and provided info for the scouts that would make me think otherwise from my prediction.

You might want to look at the resumes of the additions to the staff, staff members returning to the corps after going in different directions, the returning staff from previous years to start.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the staff alone from a design and teaching standpoint are very strong, and in many of the 2015 additions, individuals that have had success both with the Scouts and other corps such as Dave Veda, KC Michel, and Scott Boerma to name a few.

As for others comments on what has been going on at camp, etc, I think it's true that those comments an be heard from any corps camp, and are hard to rely on until you see the product.

I think you'll enjoy what you see and hear, and those putting them in the lower tier of the predictions may be pleasantly surprised and considering changing their thoughts that they'll be towards the bottom on Saturday night.

I for one would be very surprised if the energy, enthusiasm, and education gleaned from last year's corpsmates marching with those of the previous decades in NYC last Thanksgiving didn't prosper some greater seriousness and sense of challenge amongst the returning vets and noobies. The training camps in Ramapo renewed much of that respect and demand for Madison excellence.

With the faculty credentials and talent continuing to grow, upward movement may not be as difficult as in recent previous seasons.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I am in total agreement with Tesmusic! I could not have said it better.

• Like 1

I for one would be very surprised if the energy, enthusiasm, and education gleaned from last year's corpsmates marching with those of the previous decades in NYC last Thanksgiving didn't prosper some greater seriousness and sense of challenge amongst the returning vets and noobies. The training camps in Ramapo renewed much of that respect and demand for Madison excellence.

With the faculty credentials and talent continuing to grow, upward movement may not be as difficult as in recent previous seasons.

Well said! I appreciate your sentiment, as I was feeling what you're talking about from within the hornline. It is nice to hear such things from someone that observed that magical experience as a spectator and drum corps supporter. Edited by tesmusic

• 2 weeks later...

Seems pretty quit for a Madison thread. Any news?

The corps has been updating information on Facbook, Twitter, and through individual accounts on those sites and Instagram all spring. Any information provided on here is taken from those sites or is simply hearsay, rumors, or opinions. Those would be the best sites for accurate information.

Decided to stop by the Madison camp on my way home from a training class today. I listened to the hornline warmup and run through some of the show music. Afterwards the corps had ensemble rehearsal, where I watched them track through and clean about 15 or so sets. The hornline is playing some notes and with clarity for this time of year! (I feel so cliche but w.e). heard some expecially good sounds from the euphs during the warmup as well. I almost forgot it was may until they moved to the field and I noticed a sudden drop in sound quality and timing, but hey.. it is may, and they probably just started marching and playing those sets. Any who, In true madison fasion parts of this show are real toe tapper and head bobbers and I'm really excited about that. From what little bit I saw, the pre recorded voice saying "dance something other" was the only thing I wasn't really buying. Maybe Bc it took me back to 2005 BD, but once cleaned I'm sure the contra feature that shortly follows will make up for awkward vocals. Either way I had a smile on my face the whole time I was at the FFA Camp. Can't wait to see what "78th and Madison" blossoms into by the end of the summer.

The corps has been updating information on Facebook, Twitter, and through individual accounts on those sites and Instagram all spring. Any information provided on here is taken from those sites or is simply hearsay, rumors, or opinions. Those would be the best sites for accurate information.

Sure, but we're here, not there. And are you saying that, for instance, rancidrolla's report, which immediately follows your post, should be disregarded?

Edited by N.E. Brigand