MADISON SCOUTS 2015

OK how about green jackets with red sashes? One can hope right?

OK how about green jackets with red sashes? One can hope right?

Hope springs eternal!

Oh wait, we're drum corps, not baseball.

So you'd like a late 80's-early 2000's look?

Red would be a welcome return.

More red...& green would be great.

• Like 2

Hope springs eternal!

Oh wait, we're drum corps, not baseball.

So you'd like a late 80's-early 2000's look?

Yes please. I didn't even mind the 2005 uniform. Very classy and it screamed Madison.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't know why they ever went away from the 88-02 look. I've always said that the only

thing that design needed was a cleaner, more tailored cut to the jackets (previous version looked baggy and was

never properly fitted for the members)...and 2 shades darker on the green for better contrast, and solid red

for the sash, outlined by a thin white stripe on each side (not sequines or lame' - solid)

They can wear banana colored long jackets and pimp hats for all I care, as long as they play some kick butt melodic music that makes the hair stand up on my arms.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't know why they ever went away from the 88-02 look. I've always said that the only

thing that design needed was a cleaner, more tailored cut to the jackets (previous version looked baggy and was

never properly fitted for the members)...and 2 shades darker on the green for better contrast, and solid red

for the sash, outlined by a thin white stripe on each side (not sequines or lame' - solid)

It was an unfortunate decision, like many in the organization following the years just after 2002.

That they did, the switched to a shallower drum with Mylar heads for that segment. Nice memory. You can see the regular drums backfield in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lveHj5Rwdc

Now in terms of Madison, see above statements. Probably using them to assist in the cleaning process before switching to Kevlar. I would guess.