MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Love hearing people give that 98 show love. It was a great show and very fun to march, but it often gets forgotten as it was sandwiched between the two epics of 97 Pirates and 99 JCS.

That was a fun trip of shows to march!

Just spent the last half hour listening to 1998 "Remembrance" over and over. Probably my favorite drum corps performance to date. LOVE that song.

I love that whole show. "Remembrance" is a good example of a corps returning not to a song with which they'd previously had great success, but instead drawing from their historical repertoire something they could improve upon. I'd love for them to make a second assay on another song from their 1990 show, "I Can Cook Too".

Edit: That song is from On the Town, the Broadway revival of which, coincidentally, is up for four Tony Awards (winners will be announced Sunday). Here is a clip on the Today show from about six weeks ago:

. Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

I just saw some pic from their recent practices. Someone tell me why the snaredrums have mylar heads?

Is that going to help them in percussion somehow? I've heard what mylar heads sound like, and they don't project

anything like kevlar heads and plus they are much harder to make sound clean. Am I missing something?

I just saw some pic from their recent practices. Someone tell me why the snaredrums have mylar heads?

Is that going to help them in percussion somehow? I've heard what mylar heads sound like, and they don't project

anything like kevlar heads and plus they are much harder to make sound clean. Am I missing something?

If you can play clean on Mylar you can play clean on Kevlar easier to play clean on after. Learning tool. Edited by tesmusic

If you can play clean on Mylar you can play clean on Kevlar easier to play clean on after. Learning tool.

Mylar heads actually sound like snare drums too (unlike kevlar), though the day to day maintenance is a killer.

• Like 1

Didn't cavaliers use Mylar heads in 10'? It worked pretty well.

Didn't cavaliers use Mylar heads in 10'? It worked pretty well.

They did not.

They did not.

I'm pretty sure the drum break used them during the rifle sequence

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the drum break used them during the rifle sequence

That they did, the switched to a shallower drum with Mylar heads for that segment. Nice memory. You can see the regular drums backfield in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lveHj5Rwdc

Now in terms of Madison, see above statements. Probably using them to assist in the cleaning process before switching to Kevlar. I would guess.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

That they did, the switched to a shallower drum with Mylar heads for that segment. Nice memory. You can see the regular drums backfield in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lveHj5Rwdc

Now in terms of Madison, see above statements. Probably using them to assist in the cleaning process before switching to Kevlar. I would guess.

I was assuming it was meant they did for the whole show.