MADISON SCOUTS 2015

Yup. I've been met with resistance on here about how open the staff and board are to feedback, and those proves that they are receptive. It also proves how knowledgable they are in what the corps needs.

This is a great start to the season!

Hopefully some negative feedback has fueled this mindset.

Hopefully some negative feedback has fueled this mindset.

Nope.

Just my desire to do what I can to help my brothers out, and my willingness to voice my concerns to people that I know will listen and take things into actual consideration.

In the photo currently on DCI's homepage linking to "Photos: Troopers and Madison Scouts Preview", the guard member shown actually looks just a little bit like Gene Kelly; it's his expression as much as his natural features, I'd say, but still eye catching.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Nope.

Just my desire to do what I can to help my brothers out, and my willingness to voice my concerns to people that I know will listen and take things into actual consideration.

Tesmusic, I noticed early on that the promotion for the production of 78th and Madison has an image of a Gene Kelly sillouhette on the iconic light pole from singing in the rain. Do you think it possible that the scouts might put that light pole somewhere in the show with one of the guard members dancing around it like Gene Kelly? I think it would be a great final effect!

Saw that elsewhere; it’s a good start

I don’t get the claims of it being retro, the visual and arranging seem contemporary to me, is it the source music people are calling retro?

I think we have come to a point of analyzing things to death where it can take the fun out of it. I'm certainly guilty of it. The drill looks like it's moving more than focusing on staging in the past few years; so I'd take that kind of "retro" as a compliment.

Tesmusic, I noticed early on that the promotion for the production of 78th and Madison has an image of a Gene Kelly sillouhette on the iconic light pole from singing in the rain. Do you think it possible that the scouts might put that light pole somewhere in the show with one of the guard members dancing around it like Gene Kelly? I think it would be a great final effect!

I'm hoping. There's a lot of talented dancers in the guard, I would like to see that.

I'm also hoping the ending utilizes the talent in the upper brass more as the season rolls on, a nice trio or quartet.