DCA Predictions for 2015

:ninja:

Hey Fran!

Matt has no comparison to Shadow7..At least Matt has a couple of DCA titles..

You should be ashamed of yourself... :tounge2: Bad Fran!!!

I've been waiting awhile to have 3 corps back at DCA from Minnie..I'd like to see allthree in Finals again soon!

Pat

• Like 3

I predict who ever shares Hotel with Kidsgrove will keep the Bar Staff Busy. Plus I predict the Kidsgrove Bari Section will definately be coming over in crates like "bigW" once said ;-)

If Kidsgrove and da BigW get together the missus and I have gotta be there..... bring the Bari charts and first round of pints is on me....

After I find my British/American translation book that is... :tounge2:

s/ guy who has relatives in Bristol and Twickingham.... and married to a lady with Welsh roots.....

"Unless said corps has 34 members."

But.....34 members is NOT a corps........ 35 is......36 is......

Edited by JoeDz
  • Like 1

Have you been hanging out with Shadow 7??? :tongue:

oh you had to go there....

Matt has no comparison to Shadow7..At least Matt has a couple of DCA titles..

I'm flattered, Pat, but I've only got the one from 2005.

My experiences with MBI and the Govies were great, but I missed out on the hardware. :cool:

My humble prediction is that EVERYONE will be better. Just like last year was better than 2013. The bar keeps getting raised and the drum corps that are able to rise to the new level of excellence being demanded by the activity will be the ones that succeed.

How's that for a non-committal, fluffy, viewed through rose colored glasses kind of post?

Dan

• Like 2

I leave you guys alone for a few days and someone actually puts the S7 name in print

SHAME on you....

Bring back RAMD

• Like 1

Dan said:

"My humble prediction is that EVERYONE will be better. Just like last year was better than 2013. The bar keeps getting raised and the drum corps that are able to rise to the new level of excellence being demanded by the activity will be the ones that succeed.

How's that for a non-committal, fluffy, viewed through rose colored glasses kind of post?

Dan"

That's not rose colored at all.....it's very likely to be spot on !

The combined finals of DCI and DCA saw most corps vastly elevate the bar, both as a corps, and as circuits....

you can't say "at the current rate", because at the current rate my 11-year old grand daughter is growing, by age 18 she will be 25 feet 3 1/4 inches tall.

I don't think we will see the current rate of bar-raising continue, but with the rule changes, particularly in DCI, there is still a ways to go.

2015 will probably be the year corps focus on the captions that held them back in recent years..... look for C2, CV, and Fusion to meld right in to the top 3 and create a super 6.... no telling what Bush will bring, either.....

I still think Govies performance in 2014 was the optimum output for that size corps....... they took the field small but played B I G !!!!

• Like 1