Cadets 2015

I wouldn't be surprised if Cadets and Bluecoats pull away somewhat from (gasp) BD, followed by SCV/Crown when we get toward finals...

I think Cadets and SCV will pull away from Bluecoats and Crown. I think BD will be harder to overcome but I think Cadets can do it.

• Like 3

I'm sure they will do better tomorrow.

exitmusic

• Flag on the play. Fifteen yard penalty for incorrect and inappropriate use of a comma.

If written essays were being graded, yes I would have used my editor's pen and deducted accordingly.

But the quote is from a speech. In speech writing, such hortative marks are included so that the speaker knows appropriately where to breathe, focus eye contact on the audience, gesticulate, and emphasize. In music, we are more accustomed to see such marks above the score, not below.

Yes when the CorpsStore gets proper licensing, etc., the comma should be dropped since the buyer will be reading not speaking.

Edited by xandandl

NO. The Cadets get crap when they try to SHOVE A STORY DOWN PEOPLE"S THROATS, be that story cheesy jingoism or cheesy personal statements or cheesy cheese narration because narration is new. Those shows I knew were Fails before they even hit the field.

Art is suggestive. Art implies so that the audience infers.

I said that the story should be suggested. 9+1 = 10

The story is in the music. The story is Shostakovich's. Deny that story you're missing the entire point.

FREE DMITRI!

Yes, we really must be sure that each piece of music a corps plays tells the true story behind it.

Reminds me of hrothgar or someone years ago complaining about The Cadets's use of American Elegy and not relating it to a high school massacre.

• Like 1

I think Cadets and SCV will pull away from Bluecoats and Crown. I think BD will be harder to overcome but I think Cadets can do it.

I'm not sure about SCV yet

I have never even heard of the film.

I remember watching it and thinking it wasn't bad until half-way through and suddenly I had absolutely no clue about what was going on.

Now that I think back to the experience, all it was missing was some Kpop in the middle.

• Like 2