Cadets 2015

From Hop on facebook.................."end of the show" is a little vague, but my *guess* is that it means after the "TEN"

Note from Jeff Sacktig to the design team this AM ......

Hey Guys,

Here is the adjustment to the end of the show that we talked about last night on the conference call.

All new for Brass and Drums, dots are different. Guard is similar, last set is 4 steps further backfield so pathways are different for the last few sets, you should learn this all together .....

Edited by seen-it-all

I worry that having greater contrasts between uniforms and guard equipment will only accentuate the dirty spots in the guard program. Maybe the guard judges aren't that affected by that (i.e., they can see dirt no matter how bright your silks), but maybe the GE and VisAnalysis judges might take note. That Broken Arrow ensemble video from 2 days ago had some flag heroes in there in the opener...other times I couldn't tell if there was phasing or if it was ripple stuff.

I think the numbers on the guard lapel look at little casual (font type) for my tastes, at least in that photo.

I wouldn't think they'd have cummerbund changes during the show like last year, sometimes that didn't work out for some members in some performances.

From that rehearsal video, my impression was the flag work is difficult to clean. It reminded me of a lot of the stuff Boston did last year. I saw them during warmups in Allentown and it was a great deal of waving the flag around at challenging angles and cut planes. At the time I wondered how they would clean it and they never really did. This sort of stuff is really tough at the fast tempos Cadets are doing, plus with all the drill movement. Numerous kids seemed to be killing themselves to get through all the mad whipping around, and if they were just slightly behind finishing, then their toss would misfire. Of course a late toss shows much more than the other stuff, so maybe they will water some of that and get more success by the end of the season.

Yeah, for reasons unknown, they have a calligraphic font now on the guard costumes, contrasted with the sans-serf on the silks and a new, different sans-serif on the black flats. So three different approaches to the same idea.

I wouldn't think they would do a "magic" changing cummerbund again either, but possibly change it permanently to the lime. It would certainly give greater coordination across the ensemble, as the gold will now really stick out, where as before it was mimicked to a point in the silks and guard sleeve. Lime actually does work with maroon - a variation of green agains a variation of red, so a lot of pop. We'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

Me no understand

To be blunt, Chris, you've been replaced as GH's go to guy.

Ever since Cappybara posted on the Bluecoats' thread that he was "far from being a Cadets' fan" but elsewhere posted that he wanted a Cadets tee, Hop has been flummoxed how to understand the younger generation, the new shifts in DCI, and where does he get his Dino card now that he's grandparenting age.

Today amidst all the news about silks, judge barriers, and acoutrements, the real secret weapon is being revealed to assist Sacktig, the numbers' guy to win young hearts everywhere (so that they buy the tee shirts.)

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/texas-whiz-kid-young-gifted-trying-be-kid-n396016

What was omitted from the video due to PG rating here on DCP is that Tekk is his hero.

Edited by xandandl

Ever since Cappybara posted on the Bluecoats' thread that he was "far from being a Cadets' fan" but elsewhere posted that he wanted a Cadets tee, Hop has been flummoxed how to understand the younger generation, the new shifts in DCI, and where does he get his Dino card now that he's grandparenting age.

Today amidst all the news about silks, judge barriers, and acoutrements, the real secret weapon is being revealed to assist Sacktig, the numbers' guy to win young hearts everywhere (so that they buy the tee shirts.)

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/texas-whiz-kid-young-gifted-trying-be-kid-n396016

Perhaps I'll eventually learn not to feed your trolling, but I thought I'd just clarify: I'm not a Cadets fan, but I'm still allowed to enjoy SOME of their shows.

What was omitted from the video due to PG rating here on DCP is that Tekk is his hero.

That clears it up.

The BD "camera" looked good. I don't think an X would. The end

Eh it's all opinion. I think the X would look pretty great and I like BD's camera too

From that rehearsal video, my impression was the flag work is difficult to clean. It reminded me of a lot of the stuff Boston did last year. I saw them during warmups in Allentown and it was a great deal of waving the flag around at challenging angles and cut planes. At the time I wondered how they would clean it and they never really did. This sort of stuff is really tough at the fast tempos Cadets are doing, plus with all the drill movement. Numerous kids seemed to be killing themselves to get through all the mad whipping around, and if they were just slightly behind finishing, then their toss would misfire. Of course a late toss shows much more than the other stuff, so maybe they will water some of that and get more success by the end of the season.

Yeah, for reasons unknown, they have a calligraphic font now on the guard costumes, contrasted with the sans-serf on the silks and a new, different sans-serif on the black flats. So three different approaches to the same idea.

I wouldn't think they would do a "magic" changing cummerbund again either, but possibly change it permanently to the lime. It would certainly give greater coordination across the ensemble, as the gold will now really stick out, where as before it was mimicked to a point in the silks and guard sleeve. Lime actually does work with maroon - a variation of green agains a variation of red, so a lot of pop. We'll find out soon enough.

agree with a lot of this - frankly one week with April and the silks would be spotless. She's hose sections and add in others. She was so quick at this sort of thing

I remember a similar time in 2007 - a magically the silks went from dirty to spotless in ten days

we'll see...

Agree - neon green does work with maroon - if they decide to go that way

From Hop on facebook.................."end of the show" is a little vague, but my *guess* is that it means after the "TEN"

I imagine the show will eventually end in a large company front stretching 10 yard line to 10 yard line. JMO