Cadets 2015

It's not so much his number for Crown. I think he was a bit hard on the Cadets. In my opinion the spread was a little much. That said, if that's how he truly saw it then so be it. That's the ups and downs of judging and allowing people's opinions to affect how kids feel about themselves or their show. Winning and scoring well are fun, but there are more important things. Kids must never lose sight of that.

Yep, I thought that scoring gap was a bit much.

Maybe the Cadets should be ready for a bit of rest instead of action.

Same here... all these shows with Pacific, Mountain, and Central times in June, July are killin' me ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Yep, I thought that scoring gap was a bit much.

The issue with the judging thing is - if we had a "no conflict of interests" policy we wouldn't have many qualified judges - EVERYONE knows one another and EVERYONE has worked together at one point or another somewhere...

So we ended up with this...

Personally it's always concerned me more that DCI has "System Blue" as a major sponsor vs. "so and so judge used to teach at such and such"

And.. all that said, I didn't get the GE judging the last few nights AT ALL

But it may rectify itself this week so let's keep an open mind...

The issue with the judging thing is - if we had a "no conflict of interests" policy we wouldn't have many qualified judges - EVERYONE knows one another and EVERYONE has worked together at one point or another somewhere...

Personally it's always concerned me more that DCI has "System Blue" as a major sponsor vs. "so and so judge used to teach at such and such"

I can't wait for the TOC in Chester, PA so I can see which shows have the best GE for me! :smile:

Hey guys, fill me in a little bit. I've been out of the loop, so work with me.

What's the water cooler talk on the uniforms? I've heard some buzz that they're going to be switching it up, but as I have literally not paid any attention to DCI this season until basically yesterday (my own fault, life after college is hella crazy), I don't have any idea how drastic the change will be.

Taught a kid during indoor season who's marching with The Cadets right now. Naturally he'd be my pipeline for this kind of stuff... if it was the offseason. He is, naturally, pretty hard to reach right now.

Any word or rumors on how different they're going to look next week?

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte

Any word or rumors on how different they're going to look next week?

There were tons of words and even more rumors a few days ago.

Things seem to have... gone a bit dark... more recently. Can't complain too much though. Black in the days before the interwebs, information would be even more difficult to come by.

Webb works with the Avon HS boys from Crown so I think he was a bit generous with his numbers to them last night.

I bet he slipped them an extra .05 thinking "this can't possibly change the standings!" XD

There were tons of words and even more rumors a few days ago.

Things seem to have... gone a bit dark... more recently. Can't complain too much though. Black in the days before the interwebs, information would be even more difficult to come by.

It's going to be VERY interesting to see what happens.

The Cadets show relies almost ENTIRELY on drill to create visual effect. Little contribution by the guard. No contribution by anything else. It's all about run-and-gun and marching a LOT of well-crafted drill.

Change the color palette -- some here have suggested all black ? -- and does that change hide errors OR does it dramatically hide the primary effect in the show?

Put that guard in neon -- will it hide or accentuate errors?

Gonna be very interesting to see what happens in Chester. Glad I'll be there to see it :-)

Edited by corpsband

Any video floating around from last night or this past week?