Cadets 2015

Cadet members were very realistic and relaxed after the show and after show results.

They all had been informed of the BD penalty and what it was for. They were all aware of what it did to placements.

They are determined to work even harder and perform even greater tomorrow.

A good rest for all til then.

• Like 2

Watched from a theater last night. Cadets looked and sounded phenomenal!! Once everyone in the theater realized Cadets had changed the yard markers, everyone kind of gasped. Good little trick. I love the music and demand of the show and how well they perform it, even if I'm not a fan of the 10 stuff as much. It's a hard concept to get enthusiastic about. Black uni's looked amazing.

All that being said, the z pull at the end still bothers me and its the last thing you see happening, the last big moment that is just not there . It needs some more counts in it to get it cleaned, its too wide of a set to get into, lock, and pull out of the way they wrote it. It feels like something forced in that doesn't really work and it is frustrating because it is THE Cadet move.

Edited by cbcbrass98

Wow..expected to see this place on fire this morning. Everyone must be sobering up or.....nm... :shutup:

• Like 1

Wow..expected to see this place on fire this morning. Everyone must be sobering up or.....nm... :shutup:

We listened to the live audio feed from the sidelines (or whatever that was on Youtube) and Cadets sounded GREAT! Glad that was reflected in a VERY close 2nd place brass score. It's also surprising how the numbers work out to keep giving Cadets a win in Total Music -- they didn't win drums (DANG IT!) though. They'll have to have VERY strong semis and finals percussion runs to win the Sanford. Ott is oddly closer in reach.

Can't say anything about visual, but I'm pleased the Guard was only down by 0.6 from first (and 0.4 from BD) -- good visual proficiency score but disappointed it wasn't closer to first (and 4th in visual analysis).

• Like 1

Drums will be all in

Word is they've had good rehearsals, the corps is in great spirits and they've also gotten them plenty rested.

I've never seen this talked about, but I would think to put in the best finals performance possible, being well rested and having lips that are not shot would be the most important thing for taking a title at this stage of the game.

Trade secret, Cadets? :cool:

Edited by wvu80

We listened to the live audio feed from the sidelines (or whatever that was on Youtube) and Cadets sounded GREAT! Glad that was reflected in a VERY close 2nd place brass score. It's also surprising how the numbers work out to keep giving Cadets a win in Total Music -- they didn't win drums (DANG IT!) though. They'll have to have VERY strong semis and finals percussion runs to win the Sanford. Ott is oddly closer in reach.

Can't say anything about visual, but I'm pleased the Guard was only down by 0.6 from first (and 0.4 from BD) -- good visual proficiency score but disappointed it wasn't closer to first (and 4th in visual analysis).

I'm also just bummed that I'm hoping they'll hold on to top-3, rather than rooting for 1-2. :)

I'm also just bummed that I'm hoping they'll hold on to top-3, rather than rooting for 1-2. :)

Chris,

You will be missed in section #640. We feel your pain having to worry at home, so far away. In fact, because you weren't here last night, DCI didn't even let anyone sit in your usual 640.......or any other 6th floor seating!

Stay calm. Worry cures nothing. Be assured that all the corps know how tenuous placements are this year. The energy they will bring to the performance tonight will be a true barn-burner.

Edited by xandandl

Chris,

You will be missed in section #640. We feel your pain having to worry at home, so far away. In fact, because you weren't here last night, DCI didn't even let anyone sit in your usual 640.......or any other 6th floor seating!

Stay calm. Worry cures nothing. Be assured that all the corps know how tenuous placements are this year. The energy they will bring to the performance tonight will be a true barn-burner.

LOL, well in fact I AM in Indy but have chosen a lower section this year. The nosebleeds don't do it for me anymore. Not sure where we will sit tonight. But I will bring my usual anxious spirit.