Cadets 2015

Love the Cadets show, as I've said many times.

The only things I question are the middle with the boxes, and the guard, and I don't just mean their performance.

Anyway, the idea that a corps' show concept must refer directly to the original interpretation of the music rep is truly silly.

I'm almost glad something with work came up and I cannot go to finals anymore. I also am considering this to be my last post on this site for a while. There's nothing but hate and vitriol on both sides. Enjoy the rest of the summer people. Signing off.

There's hyperbole on both ends--the "this is perfect just shush" end and the "it makes me cry how inadequate it is" end. This show of course is not a disastrous disappointment, nor is it perfect. IMO what has hurt them generally since about 2007, perhaps 2002, is guard design and execution, and perhaps also music selection. West Side Story and On The Town and Malagueña Adagio and Shoskys 10th are fine music but perhaps don't always inspire a creative and fresh drum corps show design. And IMO guard design and execution were the major problems in shows like 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015. It might be as "simple" as thinking outside the box on these two things. Then let Sacktig and Bocook and McNutt have at it. Then you get shows like 2005 and 2011, and yes sometimes you also get 2006 and 2014.

Let's also remember that, in the judges eyes, only BD has had a reliable lock on design and execution in the last 8-9 years. Not Crown, not Coats.

Sorry, who is saying it is perfect?

Love the Cadets show, as I've said many times.

The only things I question are the middle with the boxes, and the guard, and I don't just mean their performance.

Anyway, the idea that a corps' show concept must refer directly to the original interpretation of the music rep is truly silly.

The show would be stronger without the boxes. Imo.

I'm almost glad something with work came up and I cannot go to finals anymore. I also am considering this to be my last post on this site for a while. There's nothing but hate and vitriol on both sides. Enjoy the rest of the summer people. Signing off.

:-( I don't blame you. I'm still lurking and reading but it's not worth it to try to post much here anymore. Luckily the off season is right aroun the corner and my visits to this sight will drastically reduce.

Sorry, who is saying it is perfect?

You know what I mean :). I was being a bit hyperbolic on the hyperboles. :-D

This topic and even the Phantom topic didn't bother me because I am not a fan of either corps. That doesn't mean what it sounds like. I love both corps. But I think when you live and die with these organizations, things tend to get under your skin a little more.

I just have to learn to laugh at the stuff and/or people I find ridiculous, including myself.

I took a nap what happened

LoL

Same, it's almost like... Everyone abandoned all hope...

:unhappy::unhappy:

But seriously, I hate that this thread has gotten so negative so very quickly...

We are all passionate. Everyone relax. We all want what we want and have our own ideas of how to accomplish it. I'll never apologize for living the cadets and wanting to love their shows AND wanting then to win!

• Like 1