Cadets 2015

Cadets don't really do "emotional" without getting schlocky, IMO. I'd rather them not even try. And Hop is pretty consistent in his idea that their program be more or less obvious from the first viewing, so I rarely expect intellectual stimulation out of them.

When they Cadets are firing on all cylinders, they're exhilarating. I think the source material, combined with a straight-forward concept could provide that. So, in theory at this early stage of the game, there should be less griping from anti-narration, anti-over-the-top-tarp crowd, of which I was in last year.

That said, talent among the top corps has been pretty evenly distributed lately it seems, so championships tend to be determined on design. And the designs that get rewarded have more meat to them than this one lets on. Obviously, this is way early, but right now, I see this as another Side by Side performance clinic that people can love and appreciate, but it won't have the design depth to challenge for a title.

As always, I hope they prove me wrong and take the gold by blowing me away with some vintage brass, percussion, and velocity.

Another "Side by Side performance clinic"? You can see that THIS early?

I swear I hope you're wrong. And I mean that PASSIONATELY.

Love Symphony 10, and it is an odd numbered year, so I'm sure I'll love The Cadets. Very excited for this show.

Another "Side by Side performance clinic"? You can see that THIS early?

I swear I hope you're wrong. And I mean that PASSIONATELY.

Why? Side by Side is by far the best thing the Cadets have put out musically since 07 in my opinion. 2013 WAS a masterclass in performance and musical writing.

• Like 2

Why? Side by Side is by far the best thing the Cadets have put out musically since 07 in my opinion. 2013 WAS a masterclass in performance and musical writing.

Because Side X Side was another tame show for Cadets IMO. I'm tired of tame shows from them. If they keep this music, I have a feeling this won't be a tame show. And as of right now, I'm 40% excited. I'll most likely gain the other 60% between April and July when it is confirmed and I get to see some drill.

Because Side X Side was another tame show for Cadets IMO. I'm tired of tame shows from them. If they keep this music, I have a feeling this won't be a tame show. And as of right now, I'm 40% excited. I'll most likely gain the other 60% between April and July when it is confirmed and I get to see some drill.

If that was a tame show, the Cadets need to put out more tame shows.

• Like 1

cjf seems to have a recurring leit motif...it's outweighing his melody.

Now back to Cadets 2015, leaving the rest to the historical threads.

So am I not allowed to share my opinion?

Yeah, he likes to criticize all of with his knowledgable experience as a 15 year old. Call me crazy, but when I was 15 I wouldn't gave called people out considering my lack of experience, but glad he is. Bluecoats have something to look forward to at auditions. Maybe he'll tell Jim Moore how to write and teach.

Anyway, go Cadets 2015!

You know what I'm tired of your sass, I can't share my opinion once without you nagging at me and acting like I'm bossing everyone around, please be gone I'm sick of your un called for remarks.

This show has potential, 2000Cadet. It's just an idea right now though...

You know what I'm tired of your sass, I can't share my opinion once without you nagging at me and acting like I'm bossing everyone around, please be gone I'm sick of your un called for remarks.

People who live in glass houses...

There is no way to "tame" this show if they stick with this and why wouldn't they. I think from a design point, the multiples of ten used can let them play and March which they do extremely well and and looselt tie in the concept throughout the show without having to beat us over the head with a concept. I'm tentively very optimistic and if nothing else, it will be a Cadets show that will take all season to clean and that's when they are the most dangerous. (Dear Lord, please no Bo Derrick tarps at the end of the show).