Cadets 2015

Thats cool. Those who like the former 60's- early 70's Brit Band Jethro Tull probably would. I think Jethro Tull meandering music blows however, so that probably explains why the Cadets Jethro Tull music of " Thick as a brick "... " Aqualung ", etc did nothing for me. Jethro Tull had to disband in the middle of their 2011 tour playing this awfulness. The concert crowds fell to next to nothing, so the band had to stop touring and mercifully threw in the towel for good.

Oh, I loved Tull back then. The Cadets version...might be my least favorite Cadets show ever, since I saw them in 1964.

Perhaps, but its got little to do with its level of " Patriotism " or not, imo. Some of the Cadets non Patrotic themed shows sucked far worse than any of the so called Patriotism themed shows done over the years by the Cadets. Just recently, does the Musical trubute to the lightweight laughalung Jethro Tull (2004 ) or the introduction of the clownish buffon Geoffrey, with his Toy Souldiers ( 2010 ) for just 2 examples, ring a bell ? Just about all of the former serious Patriotic themed shows of the Cadets were far more interesting than these 2 Cadets theme clunkers, imo.

Definitely rings many bells. I HATED Jethro Tull. That was also the year Jay Bocook did not write for them and I thought that would be the year Cadets would go down the tubes. Luckily Jay went back in 2005. The Toy Souldiers show would have been a lot more effective in my opinion had they just lost little Geoffrey in New York somewhere and had drill that was a lot more engaging.

He removed himself and marched BD for his age-out. No gold medal there either.

Wow I never knew this.

Oh, I loved Tull back then. The Cadets version...might be my least favorite Cadets show ever, since I saw them in 1964.

Well I guess I'm not a typical Cadets fan. One of my least favorite shows from them was 2000. I loved the preseason recordings I heard but by finals I felt the show had become "smurphy." I guess smurphy equates with cheesy.

Edited by Lincoln

I too like the Jethro Tull show. I liked it more first tour before the changes.

Cadets just posted that they are selling the 2014 uniforms for $1K and $500 donations. Commissar, does it cost extra to get the stripes?

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/628-a-gift-that-makes-a-statement

(I know there was a thread about what happens to uniforms which thread was posted within the past two weeks, but...)

Edited by xandandl

Well I guess I'm not a typical Cadets fan. One of my least favorite shows from them was 2000. I loved the preseason recordings I heard but by finals I felt the show had become "smurphy." I guess smurphy equates with cheesy.

To be honest with you, I wasn't really a fan of the show either until I finally got a chance to see what the hell the crowd was cheering about.

On another note, I just saw on Cadets' website that they will be having a show a Clifton stadium again and I will be up in NYC for that weekend. They're also having a show in Annapolis which is literally 15 minutes from me! Hopefully the show is something I'll like because if so, I'll definitely be going to both.

Edited by 2000Cadet

To be honest with you, I wasn't really a fan of the show either until I finally got a chance to see what the hell the crowd was cheering about.

On another note, I just saw on Cadets' website that they will be having a show a Clifton stadium again and I will be up in NYC for that weekend. They're also having a show in Annapolis which is literally 15 minutes from me! Hopefully the show is something I'll like because if so, I'll definitely be going to both.

I love the stadium at Annapolis. I wish YEA! had kept USBands Nationals there...it is, to me, just about a perfect place to perform and watch a show. The band I teach competed there a number of times. Even small bands like ours sound OK.

• Like 1

I love the stadium at Annapolis. I wish YEA! had kept USBands Nationals there...it is, to me, just about a perfect place to perform and watch a show. The band I teach competed there a number of times. Even small bands like ours sound OK.

agreed. a group of any size sounds good in there.

Not a lot of good warm-up zones, though, and (at USBands shows anyway) a complete cluster#### at the gate, seeing as how units enter and exit in the same place and they have the photography area right there as well. It's a mad house in that whole area, and a real pain in the butt to try and keep your group focused getting through all that craziness to be ready to perform.