Cadets 2015

Exactly.

Though I certainly understand the excitement, let's not get all hyped up way too early as previous seaons have taught us.

what? we can't proclaim greatest everything of all time ever before Christmas?

You just killed DCP LOL

• Like 1

Cappybara: glad to see you share the same high standards for musical excellence that the brass staff has set for the goal this summer. May we all be pleased.

Sideways: Hopkins has said at least four times publicly, there will be no narration in 2015 show. Yes, it is only December...

You know the answer is chocolate...

Milk or dark?

what? we can't proclaim greatest everything of all time ever before Christmas?

You just killed DCP LOL

BURN DCP AT THE STAKE!!!! LOL

That clip is like a really really good movie trailer. Really really good taste of something. Some live up to the little taste that's given, some don't. We shall see. But I am hopeful and like what has been presented, we'll see what it's about in less than 6 months. On the surface, I quite enjoy what has been presented thus far.

Edited by DrumManTx

This is a corps that placed 4th at finals playing jingle bells. I suspect The Cadets will be competitive yet again. Whether you like or dislike them, you can't argue they are a powerhouse each season.

• Like 1

Many thanks to the Cadets for posting those recordings. It's like a little drum corps Christmas for this special time of the year, and I appreciate YEA and Cadets for their constant contributions to the fans during the off-season. This has been going on for years now and it's most appreciated by fans, I think. And it hasn't hurt the corps any as well.

As for the content of the video/music -- I LOVE it! Musically this will remind me of their 2010 show where they featured a lot of great classical music (Procession of the Nobles, Dance of the Tumblers, Barber, etc.). That was a great book, too, but the show never quite materialized the way they wanted.

Last year's music was also wonderful, but more traditional Cadets from the 1980s and 90s with American music. My only caveat from last year's show was their closing minute. Never quite what they wanted, I imagine. I might even say that the 1920s jazz tune was perhaps not the strongest material for field. Otherwise, that's a nice show to listen to.

Shostakovich is a nice departure for The Cadets. Amazing Russian music, and the comparisons with Phantom Regiment will be obvious. But this style of music really allows the Cadets to add the demand and flash (along with good content) so needed for a modern drum corps show. I also sense that Bocook has watched closely as Carolina Crown has developed that beastly brass line, and with that killer book they played last year I believe Cadets want to climb into the ring as well.

The music will certainly be fun to listen to, and the Cadets always have killer talent. It all comes down to show design. The new year is almost upon us. :-)

Let's hope they let their already wonderful sounding low brass line (judging from these videos) do the talking this year unlike 2010 where they decided the synth would work better instead. Like seriously, I never complain about synth use but 2010 was obnoxious. Too much goo in the closer lol.

Let's hope they let their already wonderful sounding low brass line (judging from these videos) do the talking this year unlike 2010 where they decided the synth would work better instead. Like seriously, I never complain about synth use but 2010 was obnoxious. Too much goo in the closer lol.

Agree. They put too much electric bass in the closer last summer. I could not understand why, though I told myself it was because they couldn't bring the corps closer to the front due to the large podium. It was bad. Very a-musical, which is typically not like the Cadets.

But since the inception of using Electronics and amplification I believe there is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to cheese-ball effects, bad synth use, too much bass, and over-amplification of the mallets. Just about every corps out there has had their (bad) moments. Bluecoats have fared the best.

How about we just leave the past in the past and keep an open mind...

• Like 2

Milk or dark?

What makes you rule out white?

How about we just leave the past in the past and keep an open mind...

I was speculating about the future actually, no need to get defensive.