Regiment '15

I don't want to sound like Channel3 here but it just doesn't add anything. It dumbs down the show. When I think of "City of Light" I think of the beauty of Paris, not the shopping destinations.

I've worked in fashion my whole life....trust me, there are many fashionistas who are all about shopping in the fashion capital of the world. PR's show is about that Paris. It's light and bright and frothy..... it's Holly Golightly does Paris. And I think they have captured that fun, An American in Paris angle really really well! I think that is why the crowds respond to this show....it's pure entertainment and celebration. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

So this year's show was a nice about face for the Phantomettes. They are very capable women who carry themselves beautifully whatever role they assume.

i would love to see the corps try out a few ballet based shows. For example, the great music from Giselle would not only showcase the

guard it would challenge the musicians as well. There are a ton of ballet scores that would suit the Regiment well. An idea worth exploring????

• Like 1

i would love to see the corps try out a few ballet based shows. For example, the great music from Giselle would not only showcase the

guard it would challenge the musicians as well. There are a ton of ballet scores that would suit the Regiment well. An idea worth exploring????

I bet you're right. Many of the top groups are doing thematic (to varying degrees) shows, and a story line provided by a ballet might be a good fit, though I hope it's not a love story akin to what the Regiment did for several straight years.

My preference would be a less thematic show. The Cadets have shown this year that a less thematic program can be successful. A "Defiant Heart" type show.

I've worked in fashion my whole life....trust me, there are many fashionistas who are all about shopping in the fashion capital of the world. PR's show is about that Paris. It's light and bright and frothy..... it's Holly Golightly does Paris. And I think they have captured that fun, An American in Paris angle really really well! I think that is why the crowds respond to this show....it's pure entertainment and celebration. Nothing wrong with that.

OH! Here I was thinking it was the weirdest Italian show ever....

Some on this post I think have ot not seen Breakfast At Tiffanys which is the basis of the show and explains the whole concept.

FYI the guard represents Holly Golightly for those unschooled in the movie.

Some on this post I think have ot not seen Breakfast At Tiffanys which is the basis of the show and explains the whole concept.

FYI the guard represents Holly Golightly for those unschooled in the movie.

Indeed? Perhaps you need to research Truman Capote's Golightly character.

Besides, I don't get a Breakfast at Tiffany's vibe at all. Is it the big sunglasses?

• Like 1

Besides, I don't get a Breakfast at Tiffany's vibe at all. Is it the big sunglasses?

I've not seen the movie, but as I've always understood it, Breakfast at Tiffany's takes place in NYC. This makes the show concept all the more confusing, unless it's "hey, what if Holly Golightly went to Paris?"

I think she must mean Audrey Hepburn, not Holly Golightly.

• Like 1

Funny, I hadn't seen anybody talk about Breakfast at Tiffany's prior to seeing the show for the first time this year, but Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) was the first person I thought of when I did see them!

Edited by ajlemm

So this year's show was a nice about face for the Phantomettes. They are very capable women who carry themselves beautifully whatever role they assume.

Swan Lake was ballet.