Regiment '15

Staff are evaluated on a year by year basis, and it's not unusual for some of them not to be asked to return. You're failing miserably at trying to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove.

Yeah I'm just kind of scratching my head now... I don't think he's given a single solid reason for his side of the argument.

Actually, you haven't. How can you have consistency with huge rollover? I think you need to go back and read through the thread. You have the makings of someone that has never marched or been in the activity..am I mistaken? There are so many things that cannot be evaluated with a simple audition.

Actually, you haven't. How can you have consistency with huge rollover? I think you need to go back and read through the thread. You have the makings of someone that has never marched or been in the activity..am I mistaken? There are so many things that cannot be evaluated with a simple audition.

What in the world... I'm about to give up.

1. You are making the assumption that there would be rollover just because vets have to audition. Do you seriously think a vet would leave and AUDITION somewhere else just because he has to AUDITION again at a corps that he knows he has an advantage to get in at?

2. I'm pretty sure I've established that I have not marched (I'm 19) and do not plan on marching due to circumstances I have mentioned a couple times before.

3. Just because I have not marched does not mean I cannot use common sense or use parallels from situations I have experience with before.

4. If there are "so many things that cannot be evaluated with a simple audition" (and I agree with you there), then how do you think members should join the corps in the first place? There will be a point where the corps will need new people and those people will have to audition. Why establish inequality by excluding people from the process?

So far the tally for the number of reasons you have supporting not requiring auditions is one (rollover). I sincerely hope you plan on bringing something a bit more substantial to the table than that.

• Like 1

1. There is always rollover and openings.

2. Even without knowing this I could surmise this from your plethora of posts on the subject of drum corps.

3. Name something that you think parallels drum corps and why you think it is relevant.

4. See #1. There are always rollover from age outs AND for people that didn't do well during the season before or simply can't afford it. Welcome to the real world where experience and knowing what you are getting is to be prized over an unknown. No one is excluding anyone from what I have read or know about. Sure makes it easier designing a show knowing what you are getting.

Arguing reality vs unreality IS silly. Is this what you are trying to sell here?

I would think the work a vet does in a previous season is usually audition enough. What more is the staff going to learn about them the following November?

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 1

I would think the work a vet does in a previous season is usually audition enough. What more is the staff going to learn about them the following November?

Yup.

As someone pointed out above, there is often significant staff turnover in any given year, so the staff may in fact know absolutely nothing about that veteran. Also, even in cases where the staff is returning, it helps to have veterans side by side with the new players, not necessarily to evaluate the veterans, but to supply a control group next to all the new experiments.

• Like 5