Blue Devils erased from Fan Network in 2014

afd

I find it illuminating to see how various corps evolved their show over the summer, including BD....after all, they were undefeated, so even earlier performances were 'beast,' obviously.

I'm with you, and while there are some shows that I actually prefer earlier season versions (for example, Cadets 1995 had a dozen endings, and I think my favorite was one I saw them do at Preview of Champions). But I suspect we are in the minority as far as overall FN customers, and it's far easier to dump the older shows (and their bandwidth) and just keep the final run for the FN subscribers. If there are rights issues and DCI purges older shows now with issues, so be it.

I'm satisfied seeing BD's semifinals run (I didn't order DVD/blu-ray), and would likely not go back and watch and older FN show at this point in the season.

• Like 1

I'm with you, and while there are some shows that I actually prefer earlier season versions (for example, Cadets 1995 had a dozen endings, and I think my favorite was one I saw them do at Preview of Champions). But I suspect we are in the minority as far as overall FN customers, and it's far easier to dump the older shows (and their bandwidth) and just keep the final run for the FN subscribers. If there are rights issues and DCI purges older shows now with issues, so be it.

I'm satisfied seeing BD's semifinals run (I didn't order DVD/blu-ray), and would likely not go back and watch and older FN show at this point in the season.

I think edit time is expensive for DCI and so they do a minimum. Last year's SCV semis had a shaky shot of the side of a marimba (or maybe vibraphone?) in the middle of the show and for all I know it's still there. Semis was all I had access to (like you) but it was ok. It was a nice enough marimba.

Maybe there's a glitch in the system but I didn't order the DVD/bluray and I'm still able to view shows from Finals...

Just to be clear my last post about nobody wanting to watch BD was a joke. I know a ton of people love them and I promise I'm not actually that big of a d-bag haha. Sorry for offending anyone.

Edited by futurebluecoat
  • Like 2

Just to be clear my last post about nobody wanting to watch BD was a joke. I know a ton of people love them and I promise I'm not actually that big of a d-bag haha. Sorry for offending anyone.

People who offend others is much more common on DCP than are people who apologize for offending others.

No biggie.

There's a long, distinguished line of people who like BD. They aren't offended by your comments, they just think you're going to rot in he11.

Then why were they removed from Fan Network? If it is for lack of rights, then the Mediabox material also needs to be taken down or edited. Would not want to see DCI take all the appropriate steps for compliance, only to have BD get in trouble themselves.

I have no idea. I was just pointing out that there are still pre-finals videos of the show up on media box for those who want to see them.

Like someone else mentioned, it's possible BD secured the necessary rights for media box.

Or maybe the Blue Devils secured the rights for Media Box, but DCI wasn't willing or able to secure them for the FN. It's possible that they were simply too expensive for DCI's budget (especially considering the sheer number of synch rights they have to secure every year) but not for the Blue Devils to secure for themselves.

I thought synch rights were for physical media and downloads. Fan Network and Mediabox are streaming media.

It is very good! (Skywalker sound recorded it) BD media box is so worth it!

Don't forget the BDB recording.

I wish more corps would utilized a media box type item like BD has. It's incredible. Madison has a mobile app similar, but not quite the same level of content.