Cavaliers 2015

Not photoshopped but seen by many at the Glen Cove, NY LIRR station yesterday...something Cavie fans will ogle: very rare quadruple rainbow!!!! (even reported in Newsday.)

image.jpeg
Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

2012 Cavies was nothing short of embarrassing. Sure you got some fangirls to go nuts at the end. But not only the design was terrible, but the horns really started making some terrible not world class sounds. Then 2013 happened, design better, (brass arrangements a little odd but still okay) and the hornline sounded even worse. Pretty close to terrible, especially compared to the rest of finalists and many non finalists. So many bad sounds, laser tone... loud! but just not pleasing to the ear. Show was enjoyable at least, just couldn't get past the brass. Then 2014... awesome show, only a few design beefs, but the end product was great, favorite cavies show since 2010, and the brass was great! New brass staff made a BIG difference. And they made a GIANT leap in that department. Cavies brass was back! And it wasn't that weak safe crap they were doing in the mid 2000's, it sounded great, and it was impactful. They lumped themselves right up there with the best lines out there as far as I'm concerned.

So count me excited about the progression of the Cavaliers over the past couple of years, and I am hype about the show myself and can't wait to see if they make even more progress. Now that all sections are back together performing great musically and visually, let's see what the design staff gives them to succeed, and after the last couple of years it's pretty promising to see what they are going to put out there, especially with the announced rep.

Haven't really been following too closely, but I hope they realized their success last year and they didn't make too many instructional staff changes from last season.

• Like 1

2012 Cavies was nothing short of embarrassing. Sure you got some fangirls to go nuts at the end. But not only the design was terrible, but the horns really started making some terrible not world class sounds. Then 2013 happened, design better, (brass arrangements a little odd but still okay) and the hornline sounded even worse. Pretty close to terrible, especially compared to the rest of finalists and many non finalists. So many bad sounds, laser tone... loud! but just not pleasing to the ear. Show was enjoyable at least, just couldn't get past the brass. Then 2014... awesome show, only a few design beefs, but the end product was great, favorite cavies show since 2010, and the brass was great! New brass staff made a BIG difference. And they made a GIANT leap in that department. Cavies brass was back! And it wasn't that weak safe crap they were doing in the mid 2000's, it sounded great, and it was impactful. They lumped themselves right up there with the best lines out there as far as I'm concerned.

So count me excited about the progression of the Cavaliers over the past couple of years, and I am hype about the show myself and can't wait to see if they make even more progress. Now that all sections are back together performing great musically and visually, let's see what the design staff gives them to succeed, and after the last couple of years it's pretty promising to see what they are going to put out there, especially with the announced rep.

Haven't really been following too closely, but I hope they realized their success last year and they didn't make too many instructional staff changes from last season.

I agree. Never have been a Cavies fan because of their hornline, but they made me a fan with their show last year.

I think McIntosh is an insanely talented individual, but I think he is getting a little ahead of himself. "This piece kicks a__!" when referring to a piece he put together, and that the opener is one for the ages?

Bold statements, I hope they can live up to the hype he's trying to create.

Considering that's the first public hype from him that I've ever heard, I'll look forward to hearing it...

2012 Cavies was nothing short of embarrassing. Sure you got some fangirls to go nuts at the end.

Me and my kids will accept being called fangirls, I guess. We really enjoyed the show, and they managed to convince my son that joining band is cool.

Mike

• Like 1

Like PR 2012/2013?

Like PR 2012/2013?

This is the Cavaliers thread? And yeah I have a Phantom SN and logo... but I'm far from a Phanboy these days. Don't really have a favorite corps, not really a homer for anyone but the corps I'm an alumni of or are directly involved with....even then... I just like good and entertaining drum corps.

Me and my kids will accept being called fangirls, I guess. We really enjoyed the show, and they managed to convince my son that joining band is cool.

Mike

Haha... YOU FANGIRLS!!!!! Hey... some people really liked the vampire show I marched in too... I guess I have to accept that fact.

@CavsBrass released a taste of their first movement on Twitter. Doesn't sound like they watered down the brass parts for Fetes at all to me. Needs cleaning, but sounds like it will be awesome!

I am interested as to why they are referring to their movements as "Scenes".

I am interested as to why they are referring to their movements as "Scenes".

Sometimes the Cavaliers call them Scenes, Acts, just plain Movements, and sometimes they even dabble in calling them Parts. All in all it means nothing to the design. Unless they'd like to switch to the Blue Devil visual mentality, but I'm certain they'll stick with the dot system.