Cavaliers 2015

Some people (I'll be it jealous haters) look at the 2000's Cavaliers shows with disdain, but if you go back and see the very high quality of execution, it is pretty amazing to watch. I am not a big big fan of the Blue Devils- but I got lost in their 2014 show as appearing to be more of a theater production than a drum corps show. There was a brilliance to it.

I'm probably one of those people you're describing. I'm very brass/music heavy and don't focus much on drill, so the Cavies have never really appealed to me much. I never enjoyed how thin their hornline sounded due to the way the arrangements were either. I think the only Cavies shows that I could truly say I'd go back and watch over, and over again are 1995, 2008 and 2014.

With that said, it's nothing personal against the Cavies. Their style just doesn't jive with me most of the time. However, I can sincerely say I'm going to love their show this year.

• Like 1

I'm probably one of those people you're describing. I'm very brass/music heavy and don't focus much on drill, so the Cavies have never really appealed to me much. I never enjoyed how thin their hornline sounded due to the way the arrangements were either. I think the only Cavies shows that I could truly say I'd go back and watch over, and over again are 1995, 2008 and 2014.

With that said, it's nothing personal against the Cavies. Their style just doesn't jive with me most of the time. However, I can sincerely say I'm going to love their show this year.

I didn't think I would ever hear anyone describe 2002 as thin. But everyone has their own set of ears and hears different things.

• Like 1

This makes me happy, definitely a brass person as well.

Glad the comments from the folks who watched are relaying a solid hornline and book.

This makes me happy, definitely a brass person as well.

Glad the comments from the folks who watched are relaying a solid hornline and book.

Yup the book sounds incredibly difficult (they really didn't cut corners from the source music) and there's quite a bit of clarity already from the hornline. There were some really good shining moments for both the high and low brass in there.

Anstig, are you ready for this?

I like Cavies' show more than Crown's at the moment. *mind blown*

Yes I'm fully prepared to boast about the cavaliers and put down other corps. Edited by Anstig
  • Like 1

Some people (albeit jealous haters) look at the 2000s Cavaliers shows with disdain, but if you go back and see the very high quality of execution, it is pretty amazing to watch.

The 2000s Cavaliers drill was almost always amazing (peaking in 2008, in my opinion), but most of their original music didn't appeal to me. Except for "Spin Cycle". That's an all-time favorite. (Although I can understand why it lost to Blue Devils.)

Anyway, it's great to read these reports. From the sound of these comments, it sounds like Cavaliers could contend for a medal.

The 2000s Cavaliers drill was almost always amazing (peaking in 2008, in my opinion), but most of their original music didn't appeal to me. Except for "Spin Cycle". That's an all-time favorite. (Although I can understand why it lost to Blue Devils.)

Anyway, it's great to read these reports. From the sound of these comments, it sounds like Cavaliers could contend for a medal.

Spin cycle overall was an insanely difficult and taxing show to perform.