Carolina Crown 2015

They aren't doing another webcast from the preview show again are they? Just wondering. Wish we'd hear something out of the Fan Network.

I think they did that last year because they had just won a title (and that too, people actually WANTED them to win a title). DCI probably saw it as a good way to get publicity for fan network due to all the hype and people wondering "what's crown going to do now?"

I mean, that's pure speculation on my part but I think that's the reason why Crown in particular was the corps chosen to do the preview. Who knows, maybe another corps will do one this year, or none at all.

Pretty cool! Any reason why the hornline's arms are up while they're running the drill?

The preview is on Saturday June 13th. Exact time has not been announced yet.. on the Crown website, look under "news". This year it is called Family Day and Preview.

Previous March camp vids have been removed by Crown.

Word to the wise... or so it seems from observing their protocols the last five seasons:

Usually Crown doesn't react too quickly to uploaded vids UNTIL negative comments/critques start to made. Then they do the BD/SCV thing and remove them immediately.

Yes they do!

Also, while they are just marching/singing, I am ECSTATIC to hear them play Verdi's Dies Irae; that music has been used frequently in films and trailers (most recently in MAD MAX: FURY ROAD to very awesome effect), and I can't wait to hear this horn line play it with this show!

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 1

With the first full week at GWU in the books after volunteering on the food truck- I’m not going to spill any show details beyond what is published or that the EQ trailer started getting its new wrap Saturday…..but it looks SHARP!!!!!

They have from the Pre-Show through “Dies Irae” on the field and spent a visual ensemble Sunday night adding things to the “Gates of Hell”……which is going to fly!!!! They also started working on the transitions between the “Gates” and “Dies”. The MM’s are working hard with the normal first week bumps and bruises. Their spirits are high and the “Band of Brothers” mindset is running through the entire corps. They have been making good use of the stadium and the new turf and even had to accommodate college baseball tournament which restricted use of most of their fields for this past weekend.

One can already see the place holders for their body movement that will be added and dare to say it have a much different feel this year than the past as it’s under new management. The thinking is it will be more cohesive with the guards movements. Subject to be seen.

There is a lot more work to do, but the MM’s are attacking the challenges daily. There is a more business like feeling about this group. August 9th seems like an eternity to them but we all know the time will fly and be here before we know it.

More after next weekend. Guessing how they normally break it up…they should have the Copland on the field.

• Like 3