Carolina Crown 2015

The only faith that most people should have right now in Crown is the talent of the members, the brass, and the guard. Everything else is up in the air. Most people know that the question marks for Crown are visual, GE, and percussion. I will make no observations at this point. Everyone just try to hold off getting too harsh until we observe how the judges react to the show and more importantly how the staff deals with the feedback they get.

I think the organ is great. They may just need to turn down the volume a little. I think their staging is ten times better than last year because they can use the whole field. The music is classically dark. I would have preferred darker selections, but Crown, because of Harloff, can play anything well. The guard will be excellent as well as the brass and I think they have a good potential for visual because they have not limited themselves by putting mostly unused props on the field.

Umm no. Just like some of the other top corps, Crown opened themselves up to criticism by allowing a preview of their show. Why should they be held at a different standard than everyone else? This is the world we live in. I'm sure they don't mind the comments, if they're even viewing the comments in the first place.

• Like 1

Hi 2000Cadet,

I am in no way suggesting that the show can't be critiqued. Trust me on that. I am a Crown alumni and some DCP posters who are Crown alumni as well I think wish I was not a part of the Corps. I could be wrong about this, but I do not hold back criticism by any stretch of the imagination. I can point you to those that really frustrated with my opinions on here because I am harsh, especially on the staff.

By the way, I loved the 2000 show. It was my wife's first introduction to drum corps. I blew her away. Thank you for it.

Edited by Nachfolger Christi

It's a work in progress. Strong captions, great design team and they have the ability to adjust as well as anyone, Oh my, that guard..😱👏🏻😅

For those they see this as a BOA show because of the theme

We've all known what the show's theme would be for many weeks now, and I have yet to see anyone say the theme suggests a BoA show. Do BoA bands regularly go to Hell?

(Edit in italics to clarify.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Wait, you can say "hell" on DCP?!?!?!?! :wow:

Pretty sure you can also say "heaven".

Pretty sure you can also say "heaven".

It would be quite the double standard if we could say heaven but not hell.

We've all known what the show's theme would be for many weeks now, and I have yet to say the theme suggests a BoA show. Do BoA bands regularly go to Hell?

some would say YES _ judging in BOA is very questionable -- they LOVE synth grrrr

• Like 1

That's hilarious. Nobody ever thought a synthesizer effect would ever garner one of the biggest crowd responses in DCI either -- until it happened last year. It's a new world. Get used to it, because it's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm a huge supporter of electronics. You may already know that from my posts. However the way the organ is right now, it's just one long note being played over the corps. Either turn the darn volume down or do something with the organ like Phantom is doing. Right now the organ is just background noise.

I'm a huge supporter of electronics.

So am I. And I didn't say a single thing about how the organ sound was being used, rather that the notion of using an organ sound in a drum corps show is somehow NOT drum corps is a hilarious concept to me. Sheesh, we have corps running around the field today wearing screen-printed pajamas, using trombones and french horns, with singers and acrobats and all sorts of electronic sounds that anyone could imagine. But an organ is NOT drum corps? LOL

Well, it is NOW. :satisfied:

• Like 2

So am I. And I didn't say a single thing about how the organ sound was being used, rather that the notion of using an organ sound in a drum corps show is somehow NOT drum corps is a hilarious concept to me. Sheesh, we have corps running around the field today wearing screen-printed pajamas, using trombones and french horns, with singers and acrobats and all sorts of electronic sounds that anyone could imagine. But an organ is NOT drum corps? LOL

Well, it is NOW. :satisfied:

DCP post of the day!!

• Like 2