Carolina Crown 2015

Hi 2000Cadet,

I am in no way suggesting that the show can't be critiqued. Trust me on that. I am a Crown alumni and some DCP posters who are Crown alumni as well I think wish I was not a part of the Corps. I could be wrong about this, but I do not hold back criticism by any stretch of the imagination. I can point you to those that really frustrated with my opinions on here because I am harsh, especially on the staff.

By the way, I loved the 2000 show. It was my wife's first introduction to drum corps. I blew her away. Thank you for it.

I understand what you mean. Seemed to me that you were implying that Crown shouldn't be critiqued, but I was wrong in my interpretation and I apologize. Still. Although some people don't seem to like their show so much, I think it has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the 2000 love lol...

• Like 1

How can one say "organ is not drum corps" after seeing Crown's show when we heard Phantom's use of organ in their music this past week?

How can one say "organ is not drum corps" after seeing Crown's show when we heard Phantom's use of organ in their music this past week?

I guess when you play a piece called the "Organ Symphony," it would be considered blasphemy to actually, you know, use an organ.

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 1

just watched the preview show. seems like they care about dancing more than maraching/drill. They almost never march. It is either body, scatter, or pod section where they stand and play loud. I hope they make some changes.

Hmmmmm.. Sounds a lot like BD. Works for them.

• Like 1

So am I. And I didn't say a single thing about how the organ sound was being used, rather that the notion of using an organ sound in a drum corps show is somehow NOT drum corps is a hilarious concept to me. Sheesh, we have corps running around the field today wearing screen-printed pajamas, using trombones and french horns, with singers and acrobats and all sorts of electronic sounds that anyone could imagine. But an organ is NOT drum corps? LOL

Well, it is NOW. :satisfied:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's for the better.

Hmmmmm.. Sounds a lot like BD. Works for them.

Making those generalizations about both Crown and BD is doing an injustice to their shows.

BD marches and when they March they look bleeping amazing. If you barely March and it looks bad your gonna have a bad time.

BD marches! That's like saying Britney spears can sing.

• Like 1