Carolina Crown 2015

I enjoyed the preview. There are some wonderfully heartbreaking moments. The battery is much improved, and I enjoyed the drum feature. Guard was en fuego...get it?

I know a new ending is probably in the works as that is Crown's modus operandi, but the one used in the preview creates emotional and intellectual confusion. If we're to abandon all hope why are we joyful? Are they doing Inferno or an amalgamation of Inferno and Paradiso? It just seems forced.

Just asking an honest question. Please clarify for me please.

My assumption is that we're going to see a 2013 type of story in this show that will be developed throughout the season so that a happy closer makes sense.

Rehashing old show concepts 👎 but I agree. It's the same conversation I just had when I showed roommate the preview show.

Looks like Phantom Regiment passed on the whole love story baton to Crown. Let's see how many years it takes for Crown to get out of it.

Looks like Phantom Regiment passed on the whole love story baton to Crown. Let's see how many years it takes for Crown to get out of it.

Characters helping tell the story or guide us through a journey doesn't bother me as long as they are not the main focal point. It was done very tastefully in 2013 by Crown so not worried. Edited by Tobias

So this is a love story? That makes even less sense!

I enjoyed the preview. There are some wonderfully heartbreaking moments. The battery is much improved, and I enjoyed the drum feature. Guard was en fuego...get it?

I know a new ending is probably in the works as that is Crown's modus operandi, but the one used in the preview creates emotional and intellectual confusion. If we're to abandon all hope why are we joyful? Are they doing Inferno or an amalgamation of Inferno and Paradiso? It just seems forced.

Just asking an honest question. Please clarify for me please.

Agreed on the closer. Even with a forced theatrical narrative, the music doesn't fit. If the show spent time developing from hell to ascension that took place over the whole show it might work. Right now it's hell, further hell, deeper hell, and then frolicking on the playground! Regardless, this is a crowd pleaser as crown knows how.

• Like 1

Right now it's hell, further hell, deeper hell, and then frolicking on the playground! Regardless, this is a crowd pleaser as crown knows how.

That's kind of how Dante's Inferno goes. The Commedia (usually called the "Divine Comedy" in English) as a whole, of which the Inferno is the first of three parts, is the story of Dante's mid-life crisis. He has strayed from the past of righteousness and finds himself menaced by beasts (representing sins) in a dark wood. The ghost of the Roman poet Virgil appears, having been sent by Beatrice, the love of Dante's youth (he adored her, but they were never a couple), who is dead and in Heaven. (Virgil himself lives in the outermost regions of hell, because while he was virtuous, he was not a Christian.) In order for Dante to fully appreciate the error of his ways, Virgil leads Dante on a journey through Hell, which an enormous underground circular pit, divided into nine concentric circles, the deepest of which is a frozen lake at the center of the world. Along the way, he encounters all the different kinds of sinners and sees how they are being eternally punished in accordance with their misdeeds. At the end of the poem, Dante and Virgil climb down the body of Satan, who is trapped in the middle of the ice (but with just enough room for the poets to squeeze through). Down becomes up, and the story concludes quickly as they climb up a long tunnel to emerge on the opposite side of the earth. No playground, just the joy of seeing the stars. On Easter, no less.

That's the end of the Inferno. The story continues in Purgatorio, in which Virgil leads Dante up the giant mountain of Purgatory, again divided into nine circles, in which those sinners who repented before death are scourged of their mistakes through yet more torture, but in this case, they're glad of it. The conclusion of the Commedia is Paradiso. Virgil has returned to Hell, and Beatrice leads Dante through the nine spheres of Heaven. At the end, he is granted a brief vision of God, and then he returns to himself on Earth. The whole poem is more than 14,000 lines long.

• Like 2