Carolina Crown 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ELt7AmTq64

Another video of the show. This has MUCH better audio

So what is their show all about. It seems like the cadets show all chopped up.

So what is their show all about. It seems like the cadets show all chopped up.

Dante's Inferno.

I almost feel like the first part of the show up till the ballad is supposed to be hell, the ballad is supposed to be purgatory, and the closer is heaven

I almost feel like the first part of the show up till the ballad is supposed to be hell, the ballad is supposed to be purgatory, and the closer is heaven

Obviously you have studied your Catechism well.

• Like 1

Anyway, sometimes I seem to be the only DCP member who really liked Crown's 2014 production (an overgeneralization), but of the fifteen drum corps neophytes I took to last year's Massillon show (thirteen adults and two kids), asked when the evening concluded to name their favorites, as I recall, picked "Out of This World" and "Tilt" in equal numbers (with "Scheherazade" following up). Last night's video indicates a solid framework to me, and I expect it will be quite spectacular by summer's end.

No you're not. I loved that show.

Safe travels Crown and see you in Clifton on July 5!

You should say hello to me in Clifton.

That was my feeling on it as well.

I enjoyed the video. Although, I'm not into the whole big, red cover during the ballad, but I like what Klesch did with the music, and I am pleasantly surprised with how for the percussion has come. I was a big critic of that caption, and didn't think they would improve from 2014 to this point of 2015 as rapidly as they have. Not going to comment on the visual because I'm watching on my phone and not seeing it clear enough.

Just a thought, but I wouldn't mind seeing the show not getting out of the inferno, but going deeper in. Something in me just want the symphony fantastique to come out and push the audience further into darkness.

• Like 2

Just a thought, but I wouldn't mind seeing the show not getting out of the inferno, but going deeper in. Something in me just want the symphony fantastique to come out and push the audience further into darkness.

I have a feeling that their actual closer might do that. Tempt us with Ode to Joy and then bring us back to hell

• Like 1