Carolina Crown 2015

The tone created by editing the post absolutely changed the context.

Sorry.

[/quote

So how was this taken out of context?

"Judges will subjectively try to compare apples and oranges and the world of corps will react with horror and glee"

Hop openly admits (as he almost always does when it comes to judging) that it's all a subjective game. Someone will get 1st. Someone will get 2nd. And yes, someone will get 3rd. He posted his thoughts on how he thought judges would hand things out on his FB page, much like the seventeen-million prediction threads that have shown on this forum over the years. Considering BD and Cadets were the 1 and 2 corps going into the competing field tonight, I don't think it was a stretch keep them as such; especially when he admits that Crown would in the mix.

You'll have no problem convincing me of Hop's ego. But trying to do so by making him out to be dismissive of another worthy corps isn't gonna happen.

But please... continue being butt-hurt about it.

• Like 4

"Judges will subjectively try to compare apples and oranges and the world of corps will react with horror and glee"

Hop openly admits (as he almost always does when it comes to judging) that it's all a subjective game. Someone will get 1st. Someone will get 2nd. And yes, someone will get 3rd. He posted his thoughts on how he thought judges would hand things out on his FB page, much like the seventeen-million prediction threads that have shown on this forum over the years. Considering BD and Cadets were the 1 and 2 corps going into the competing field tonight, I don't think it was a stretch keep them as such; especially when he admits that Crown would in the mix.

You'll have no problem convincing me of Hop's ego. But trying to do so by making him out to be dismissive of another worthy corps isn't gonna happen.

But please... continue being butt-hurt about it.

100% agree. I know Hop is a popular punching bag and he deserves some of the criticism he gets but let's be fair. Don't post stuff out of context.

Crown was awesome tonight!!!! IMO they had much more GE than BD or Cadets!!! I think they can overtake both in a few weeks.

one will win

one will not

and Crown will be close

how else would you interpret it, genius?

Well, for one thing, I wouldn't pretend to know what his intent was when he wrote it. But since we're all pretending, how's this for possible CONTEXT.....

I would imagine that the overwhelming majority of people George communicates with on any given day during the DCI tour are Cadets members, staff, admins, volunteers, and fans. I would also imagine that most of those Cadets members, staff, admins, volunteers, and fans are very excited to finally meet up with the Blue Devils to see how the Cadets measure up, and THAT matchup was the main thing he was referencing. Was their some devious intent to slight the Carolina Crown in this equation? I don't believe so. And why should I, when he also posted this on his facebook page before the show tonight:

I am in traffic, to say the least, on my way to The Cadets.

This evening we meet up with the Blue Devils and Crown.

It should be a good one!

He posted a lot more with that message to Cadets fans and alumni, mostly advertising the Cadets Hall of Fame ceremony at the upcoming Clifton show in a few days.

And oh yeah, he also posted this after the show....

Congrats BD ... an excellent performance this evening

But hey, let's just focus on that one completely innocuous thing and blow it completely out of proportion. After all, this is DCP. :cool:

Edited by seen-it-all

nm.

Edited by BRASSO

It's a long season, I personally don't think crown has the show to win, but it's much better than that awful crap BD put on the field this year. BD looks very beatable and Crown isn't that far behind Cadets or Bluecoats, anything can happen when scores are this close at this point in the season.

Well I see it doesn't take much for the anti-Hopkins trolls to show their faces and licking their chops with an opportunity to talk internet trash regarding a person who has done so much for drum corps over the years. Not always a fan, but I bet there are 30 corps who would sell their souls to the devil in order to get him to do for them what he has done for the cadets. I expected more from DCP, but I now see this site is no different than most and the haters and trolls are just waiting in the bushes for the chance to trash talk anyone since no one really knows who they are.

Hopkins knows a lot about drum corps - you know, because he's the director of one of the most successful corps in history. He made a prediction and was right on the money. Why get all butthurt over it?

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 4

Hopkins knows a lot about drum corps - you know, because he's the director of one of the most successful corps in history. He made a prediction and was right on the money. Why get all butthurt over it?

#### it -- reluctantly agree with Sfzfan :-\

hate when that happens!

• Like 1