Carolina Crown 2015

watching the video of their performance last night over on the site we must not name. LOL Those members who bring up that large banner in the beginning better get that down better. That could end up causing a big nightmare. Not sure what the solution is but they really need to raise that fast and tight across the length to get air under it. It almost failed last night.. scary..

I think the thing people don't realize why the banner has problems now is because they are outdoors and have to deal with the wind that comes along with it. The poles they are using look to thin to support the fabric, specially when it comes to the wind. This is not a problem indoors as you saw from Lucas Oil performance, but I definitely think the staff is thinking about a solution because it is a good effect.

That was my first thoughts when I saw it at there pre tour performance was how it would work or would they use it during windy conditions.

???

The changes they added to Dies Irae... I don't understand it. They added a crap ton of runs... For what? For runs sake. It doesn't flow at all. Took the power of the moment away.

I agree with this. It doesn't flow right now and I hate the sit down spin thing before that big hit. That was probably my favorite part of the show and now it's lost a bit of impact.

Don't agree. Seems to signify the descent a bit better than the pure tempo change and decrescendo-crescendo. Anyway. I think they're trying to get the perceived level of difficulty up and thus the brass content scores.

However, I also agree with this. The few bars before the slow down/decrescendo were a perfect spot to add something like signifying the descent a bit more. It just needs a bit of fine tuning to flow a bit better.

However, I also agree with this. The few bars before the slow down/decrescendo were a perfect spot to add something like signifying the descent a bit more. It just needs a bit of fine tuning to flow a bit better.

Can anyone post a link to download an audio or video file of the changes? I couldn't watch live last night.

Alright, I kept seeing posts about the new ending in the opener.. and quite honestly, I love it. Keep up the good work, Crown.

• Like 1

I think the end of the opener is much more generally effective now, while showing off some quality note playing by an excellent brass ensemble. It definitely signifies the descent quite a bit better. I would venture to guess it gets tweaked one or two more times before it's all said and done.

Can anyone send me a link to the video of last night's show? Thanks.

Here is one! There are many up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7QpAjMCtg

I liked the new additions...once cleaned it's going to be amazing.