Carolina Crown 2015

People are mentioning "Dante's Inferno" as well

I've heard Dante's "Inferno" too, but most likely from either DCP or a non-Crown Facebook post, but I would wonder if "Ode to Joy" would be appropriate for a show based on a work whose most famous line is "Abandon hope, all he who enter here." My thought would be that "The Inferno" might be too similar to SCV's 2011 show ("The Devil's Staircase") and an entire "Divine Comedy" show could be too similar to Cadets and "Angels and Demons." Still, with the right musical choices, it could be one Hell of a show!

I've heard Dante's "Inferno" too, but most likely from either DCP or a non-Crown Facebook post, but I would wonder if "Ode to Joy" would be appropriate for a show based on a work whose most famous line is "Abandon hope, all he who enter here." My thought would be that "The Inferno" might be too similar to SCV's 2011 show ("The Devil's Staircase") and an entire "Divine Comedy" show could be too similar to Cadets and "Angels and Demons." Still, with the right musical choices, it could be one Hell of a show!

Hmm...exactly what day is it when the poets crawl down Satan's fur and emerge from hell?

(and as your penance for missing that, you shall do 10....)

• Like 1

Have you read Inferno to the end? It ends with their emergence from hell just before dawn on Easter morn.

"We mounted up, the first and I the second,

Till I beheld through a round aperture

Some of the beauteous things that Heaven doth bear;

Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars."

A huge build and hit to Ode to Joy would be a great way to end the show.

• Like 2

(and as your penance for missing that, you shall do 10....)

Corpsband,

Are you having a crisis? Are you a closeted Cadet fan?

The great music of these two corps, especially this season, will never be a penance.

Now being the person having to wipe down the stadium seating at Nightbeat/Rainbeat, that would be a penance.

I've heard Dante's "Inferno" too, but most likely from either DCP or a non-Crown Facebook post,

The March 22 video was posted on FaceBook BY Crown, and has the caption "Inferno" , and uses as video Botticelli's "map" of hell, or the inferno.

Not saying that's necessarily the show title - maybe just the title of one piece - but that is what they released. That is what Carolina Crown released.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

Has Crown done a really "dark" show during their current reign as a top 5 corps? Most of the shows are power and emotion based but don't recall any really dark concepts..