Carolina Crown 2015

Where members decide to march is their own personal business, I could care less. They're doing what they want, whatever their reasons, I respect that and wish them the best. Not really sure what you're trying to stir up here......I'm sure there's plenty of other feet to fill those shoes. And going off of a rumor? Hmm.

I have to say Crown has me the most intrigued about where they're going to go in 2015. I'm sure they're aware of what didn't work in 2014, what did work, what their weaknesses are, and what their strong suits are. I'm interested in seeing where they go. Will they try something new for them, go in a new direction design wise? Will they go back to what worked consistently from 2008 - 2012? Who knows. I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store. Something between? I'm excited to see, even last year I thoroughly enjoyed, they haven't put out a show I didn't immensely enjoy since 2002. I have a sense of wonder about where they will take us next year, I bet it's going to be very good.

Sorry, I'm just catching up.

Yes, there's this sense of excitement about what's going to happen this year.

I don't know, I just hear stuff, and I think this might have the same preseason hushed tones of excitement that I remember from 2013.

I hear you.. it was pure luck i did a search for Carolina Crown on the forbidden site. LOL and it showed up. I wasn't sure what they were playing so I sent the link to a friend and he informed it was Verdi Requiem Dies Irae.. a few hours later and the video was removed. I can tell you what they were playing was about the first two minutes of this video. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for 2015

http://youtu.be/Cnc1JFa0GWw

Verdi's Requiem? OMG. Face-ripping Crown all over it.

Crown has placed in the top 4 every year since 2008 with last year being the exception. Arguably their percussion will be stronger this season so I'm expecting good things from them. As far as individual members, you do get some that hop around to follow instructors. Crown has 2 snares from Cadets and Cadets had a few members from Crown last year. It happens.

I really hope Tom Aungst improves their percussion next year. He did a lot with Cadets and although I wish he was still with Cadets, I'm sure his talent will shine with Crown. With what corps was Tom Aungst last year?

I thought last year Crown really clicked at the end of the season but sometimes slotting takes over or maybe they should have been 5th. I think they will smarten the design this year and move up a slot or two.

Can someone please explain this "slotting" fallacy to me once and for all?!?!?!

Sure. They slot the best corps at the top and it works its way down. :colgate:

Is there any proof of this? Or maybe it's just people claiming slotting when their corps isn't doing so well. I could be naive, but I tend to believe corps place where they earn.

Is there any proof of this? Or maybe it's just people claiming slotting when their corps isn't doing so well. I could be naive, but I tend to believe corps place where they earn.

I do think there is some slotting that goes on in the beginning of each season but that all sorts out by the end of the season when finals come around.

I do think there is some slotting that goes on in the beginning of each season but that all sorts out by the end of the season when finals come around.

Some of us who have used the term "slotting" over the years have posted that by early July or the first regional, most corps find themselves in a small group of corps right up to finals.

Some of us who have used the term "slotting" over the years have posted that by early July or the first regional, most corps find themselves in a small group of corps right up to finals.

I mean PR dropped from 1st to 9th from 2008 to 2009. Slotting exists at the beginning (PR started the season off placing well) but we all know it sorted itself out by finals in 2009. Slotting in finals is a myth for fans of certain corps to feel better about their own corps' placement.

• Like 1