Carolina Crown 2015

Some of us who have used the term "slotting" over the years have posted that by early July or the first regional, most corps find themselves in a small group of corps right up to finals.

At risk of throwing this thread down a rabbit hole, I think this has more to do with corps getting their changes finalized and getting to the level of clarity that their members are capable of. The Cavaliers were not going to catch Crown last year. Crown was doing what they were doing way too well, and as a result, there was a clear competitive line between them for most of the season. A similar line existed between Vanguard and whoever was in third at a given time. Vanguard was great, but they weren't going to catch Cadets or Coats. It can look like those corps are being "slotted" into groups, but in reality the numbers just represent the consistency of those corps' performances from night to night.

• Like 3

Ok less debating on "Slotting" and more discussion on 2015 Crown!

Oh I did finally get my Crown Christmas Ornament =) Now I'll have to hunt down the equipment truck on the road so I can find my name on the side of it. :cool:

• Like 1

I found this on that beloved site today. http://youtu.be/2dk2tWvFlLc

It's titled Parade Song. Is Crown performing in an upcoming parade somewhere?

Edited by Highwaydude

Slotting happens but I agree the judges are pretty good at what they do. We get caught up in the hype more than they do.

I mean PR dropped from 1st to 9th from 2008 to 2009. Slotting exists at the beginning (PR started the season off placing well) but we all know it sorted itself out by finals in 2009. Slotting in finals is a myth for fans of certain corps to feel better about their own corps' placement.

I agree with you Cappybara.

I like to look at http://www.fromthepressbox.com/ to see how scores have progressed through the season for certain years. In many cases when a corps is on the move the first show(s) of the season don't reflect it however the move up eventually happens.

I remember hearing them in Allentown in 2005 and said to the person I was with that this corps will be a contender. Their was a fullness and balance displayed that was top tier.

Cadets brass did sound unusually full for December. I think they will be in the running for the Ott.