Carolina Crown 2015

yell at me hate me but i saw the video on youtube before it was taken down and the brass sounds rough compared to Cadets video that Hopkins posted.

Differences in recording equipment, acoustics, etc. You can't get a good read from a rough video like the ones from the cadets and crown. I'll reserve my judgement for the first few full performances. Something tells me Crown isn't ready to lose the Ott this year.

• Like 1

Differences in recording equipment, acoustics, etc. You can't get a good read from a rough video like the ones from the cadets and crown. I'll reserve my judgement for the first few full performances. Something tells me Crown isn't ready to lose the Ott this year.

Losing it last year to BD should motivate them.

They are still trying to figure out how to pay corpsband for chief hype guy. It will all get worked out.

• Like 2

I really hope Tom Aungst improves their percussion next year. He did a lot with Cadets and although I wish he was still with Cadets, I'm sure his talent will shine with Crown. With what corps was Tom Aungst last year?

Can someone please explain this "slotting" fallacy to me once and for all?!?!?!

Aungst was with Blue Stars recently.

Slotting happens the most in the early season it seems. Performance order at shows is usually based on the prior year's results. Corps are thrown into groups of 3/4 and then randomly selected to perform based on that. So if a corps has a big drop-off in one year, they'll still perform late at shows during the first part of the year, probably through the first regional. Then the seedings are re-done based on those standings.

Tom will be good for Crown but it's been years since he had a championship percussion line. Even his last year with Cadets (2008), they were I think 4 or 5th in percussion..